U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 06:31 PM

26 posts, read 77,768 times

Advertisements

My wife and I just purchased a home in Boulder City and got a pretty good deal... coming from the Boston, MA area everything "seems" like a deal, with no children we decided to move to a warmer climate..... We are hoping we will be welcomed to your city and can get used to NO SNOW, LOWER TAXES, LOWER INSURANCE RATES and all the other stuff we will MISS!!

Do something, even if it is wrong!!

Goldwingin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 06:42 PM

713 posts, read 2,508,791 times
Congrats! A friend of mine moved to Boulder City from Las Vegas last summer and is very happy with his move.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verynicebecky View Post
Congrats! A friend of mine moved to Boulder City from Las Vegas last summer and is very happy with his move.
Thanks for the warm welcome, hopefully we can enjoy Lake Mead before it dries up
goldwingin

Old 05-03-2008, 10:24 AM

713 posts, read 2,508,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwingin View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome, hopefully we can enjoy Lake Mead before it dries up
goldwingin

Well, good luck on that!

Old 05-03-2008, 10:43 AM

10,425 posts, read 45,783,310 times
Boulder City is a nice little town. No gambling and extremely strict restrictions on new home building.

I will get hate mail over this but the people are so much more friendly due to the less stressfull life they have there. Certianly they have much less crime then their neighbor.

You are right about the lake. It is quite the eye sore with little help or hope in the wings. Just dont drink the tap water while you are here.

Make sure you have lunch or dinner at Milos Wine Cellar on the little walking main st. Everyone brings their dogs for dinner on the weekends. It is a favorite place of ours.

Good luck on your move.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:13 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,051,347 times
Default Interested in Boulder City as well...

Hi..
Say Goldwingin, what made you decide on Boulder City?
My wife and I have been doing research for a move as well..
Just trying to get as much info about different area's from the
comfort of my desk..LOL! We have looked, and done much exploring
of cenral Florida, "still on the fence". We have done a lot of research
for Kingman & Bullhead City Arizona. We really like the thought of
living around Kingman Az but... just starting to gather info of
Boulder city. Do you know if there are any 55+ gated communities
in around Boulder City? We do not golf.. so a golf course community
is not needed, but do not mind them either. We like the idea that
Boulder City is small and limits growth. We are not really looking for
a mobilehome UNLESS the land goes with it. So can you tell us what
you found nice about the city, and what you may not like? Thanks!

And if there are any other Folks out there who actually live in
Boulder City, who would have some info.. Please chime in!
Thanks So Much Everyone..

P.S. is there something going on with the Lake drying up?

Old 05-11-2008, 07:43 PM

15,756 posts, read 34,431,452 times
BC is neat. A mediun sized midwestern town kind of dumped into the desert.

Has good schools, low crime and control over development. The City of BC owns everything in sight.

The only bad news is that it is expensive. Any housing type in BC will cost 15 to 25% more than it would in Las Vegas. It has a little low end housing. And what it has costs a lot...

It is a reasonable commute to Las Vegas with the caveat that it is a single road deal. The highway blocks and you don't get in.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:58 PM

We don't know much about Boulder City but what we do know is that it is exactly what we were looking for.. Kinda quiet, nice panoramic views of mountain and Lake Mead, low population, its near both a Gun Club and a Golf Course, nice new home cul-de-sac, low homeowners fees and except for the "surface of the sun" tempertures in the Summer (Mid May- Mid Sep) I think we will love it. I did not see many 55 plus gated communities but all of BC is kinda 55 plus , look at the charts and demo's on this site. Go there and look around like we did , I think you will like it... and its a short drive to the best food and entertainment on the planet!

goldwingin

Old 05-12-2008, 04:51 PM

Thanks Goldwingin....

Old 05-13-2008, 04:35 AM

Thanks Everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada