Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 10:46 AM

759 posts, read 809,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Gotta say I am LOVING the weather. Last week was freezing, this week in the mid 70s.

Took my indoor seedlings put them out in the green house, unpacked the irrigation system and got her going (DH, not me ), leaves are out, flowers are blooming...the whole valley is turning green.
I have all my seedlings planted in peat moss containers in my sunroom as well, we are putting together a squirrel and deer proof contraption to place over the vegetable garden before we plant in ground

It is a beautiful time of the year and I am so thankful that we have so many trails and parks and open spaces in Carson City to get outside and relax in these stressful times. Definitely thankful I live in a smaller city at this time and I am sure you are happy to be away from it all as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2020, 10:50 AM

48,277 posts, read 34,402,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMT View Post
I have all my seedlings planted in peat moss containers in my sunroom as well, we are putting together a squirrel and deer proof contraption to place over the vegetable garden before we plant in ground

It is a beautiful time of the year and I am so thankful that we have so many trails and parks and open spaces in Carson City to get outside and relax in these stressful times. Definitely thankful I live in a smaller city at this time and I am sure you are happy to be away from it all as well!
It's been super nice. The quarantine hasn't affected us at all. If we get bored on our property, we just drive..... visit outdoor spots, take pictures, hike around, go down dirt roads and explore. Hardly ever see another person.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-29-2020, 03:14 PM

Carson City named 'Greenest City in Nevada' by Insurify Insights: "Just in time for the 50th anniversary of Earth Day this year, this award goes to the greenest city in each state – one that epitomizes eco-friendly driving and living."

https://insurify.com/insights/2020-g...M7T20DSS6IBVmU

Carson City provides for curbside recycling, a network of biking and hiking trails along the river and in the foothills of the Sierra and has been committed to acquiring and preserving open space for recreational opportunities and wildlife habitat.

Old 07-01-2020, 01:23 PM

1,169 posts, read 738,365 times
I work in Carson City and have kicked around the Vagas area quite a bit over the years, there are things to like about Henderson/Boulder City for sure but I would never choose it over Carson City as a binary choice, not in a million years. Those who absolutely hate any cold weather might, I suppose. And for what is not here in the Quad Counties, Reno or Sacramento have anything that you would need. You don't need to live next to Vegas for big city stuff.

For us, being able to easily enjoy Tahoe and other mountain activities while being able to live down in the valley mostly out of the snow, with Nevada's tax situation, is ideal.

Last edited by alaskaflyer; 07-01-2020 at 01:35 PM..

Old 07-29-2020, 10:28 AM

https://carsonnow.org/story/07/28/20...spitals-nevada

U.S. News & World Report ranks Carson Tahoe Health No. 1 for 'Best Hospitals' in Nevada

........"The award also designated Carson Tahoe Health as one of the High Performing hospitals. U.S. News generates hospital rankings to help patients choose where they can receive quality care. The rankings are determined by evaluating data on nearly 5,000 hospitals in 16 adult medical specialties, 9 adult procedures or conditions and 10 pediatric specialties. To be nationally ranked in a specialty, a hospital must excel in caring for the sickest, most medically complex patients."........

Old 08-11-2020, 01:36 PM

Pics of some local wildlife:
From 'CarsonNow' https://www.carsonnow.org/categories/outdoors
Attached Thumbnails
Carson City and Henderson-Top Retirement Cities?-ourbobcatsighting.jpeg   Carson City and Henderson-Top Retirement Cities?-109013-ourmountainlion.png   Carson City and Henderson-Top Retirement Cities?-horse1.png   Carson City and Henderson-Top Retirement Cities?-walkingacross.jpeg   Carson City and Henderson-Top Retirement Cities?-eagle.jpg  

Old 08-24-2020, 06:40 PM

28 posts, read 45,972 times
yah

Old 10-11-2020, 02:53 PM

A bear on the west side of Carson City :O
Attached Thumbnails
Carson City and Henderson-Top Retirement Cities?-113409-bear_west.jpeg  

Old 10-15-2020, 06:42 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,009,084 times
Quote:
Carson City named 'Greenest City in Nevada' by Insurify Insights
An ambiguous award from an unknown business is meaningless.

Old 10-15-2020, 06:52 PM

1,169 posts, read 738,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
An ambiguous award from an unknown business is meaningless.
Obviously they'd never been to Fallon, the "Oasis of Nevada"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada