Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 10:58 PM

1 posts, read 5,840 times

Advertisements

Any idea how N Las Vegas is doing? It is one of the places on my list to move to. I have been to Vegas itself, and enjoyed, but I would be broke if I gambled lol.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:38 PM

23 posts, read 107,239 times
no walmart in caliente lol !!!!

Old 03-06-2007, 11:41 PM

23 posts, read 107,239 times
clover where do you live in nevada ive had no problem with nevada at all and i hope taht things get better

Old 03-08-2007, 01:03 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lassie View Post
Any idea how N Las Vegas is doing? It is one of the places on my list to move to. I have been to Vegas itself, and enjoyed, but I would be broke if I gambled lol.
The new part of North Las Vegas is doing great. Much more shopping is going up all over. Homes are still being built all over the place. Lights are going up versus stop signs. But alot of road construction as they install more water and sewer pipes under the roads for all that new shopping.

Id say the downside of living in one of the fastest growing cities in Nevada is the constant road destruction(construction.)

Old 03-12-2007, 09:19 AM

859 posts, read 3,322,182 times
I am sort of shocked to hear so much negativity. I recently visted Nevada and fell in love. I've never visited a state before that I would consider moving to. I'm not actually moving now, but it was just a place to throw on the list.

The homes in the Vegas burbs seemed sort of cheap to me compared to where I am at now and I loved the mountains and the climate. When I visit a lot of other places, I usually feel like locals are sort of mean, I thought people in Nevada were really friendly.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:41 PM

2 posts, read 7,538 times
Default Think Vegas is Bad???? You ain't seen NUTHIN' Try A-T-L!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerer68 View Post
I happen to agree with him and I lived in Vegas for years. I found it and the rest of Nevada to be the harshest, most inhospitable place I've lived. Now that I don't live there anymore, I do enjoy the occasional visit to see friends. It takes all kinds but this kind said...happiness is Vegas in your rear view mirror.

I lived in Henderson almost 10 years but then had to move back East--now I'm in the arsehole of the universe-Atlanta! (A-T-L as the "cool" people here call it....). The best way to see this ****hole is from 30,000 feet! After living in the ****hole of the South for 2 years I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK TO VEGAS!

Old 03-22-2007, 06:15 PM

368 posts, read 831,257 times
How sad to read the original post. One mans trash is anothers treasure I guess. I LOVE Nevada and two important things in my life happened there. Before I die I must travel on the loneliest stretch of highway and check out Rachel.

Old 03-24-2007, 08:53 AM

24 posts, read 123,430 times
Las Vegas rocks! The surrounding area is the most beautiful landscape I've ever seen (excepting the north shore of Oahu and the Hollywood sign in LA.) The only downside I could see was the traffic, which is bad in any big American city. However, I probably couldn't live around Las Vegas because I lack self control! I wandered about the city both in car and on foot and never felt threatened, nor did I in Los Angeles. Every city in America has it's dangers and pitfalls, so you learn where not to go before you even step foot in the area and enjoy the good spots while you're there. The original poster should be aware that there's hookers, drugs, traffic, a**holes, filthy restrooms and unspeakable dangers everywhere. I'm glad they made it to good ol' Idaho in one piece...and please stay out of Kentucky while you're at it. Personally, I loved Nevada and will return for another visit in the future. Salute!!

Old 03-24-2007, 03:07 PM

98 posts, read 433,404 times
Default I hear ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simfan453 View Post
1. Horrible Heat
2. Hookers Galore
3. Dessert = No scenery
4. Ugly little towns with disgusting bathrooms
5. Ranked 2nd most dangerous state (next to Louisiana)
6. Ugly campgrounds
7. Mean people
8. No history except VA city
9. To overpriced
10. Nothing but casions everywhere. Even in chevrons!

Sorry to those who live in Nevada. I drove by on my way to visit family in Idaho, and I was not pleased with Nevada at all. I'm orginally from CA so yea maybe my expectations where a little high, but still Nevada did not please me at all. States like CA and Ohio are much better.
Well - I don't know about over priced - it's WAY cheaper than California! HA! But for the rest - I have been here since Oct. and I HATE it! I miss home (Orange County - so MUCH!)

We are off to SLC next... and then who knows!

Old 03-25-2007, 12:09 PM

1,195 posts, read 5,412,216 times
Why would you want to take your sour apples to SLC, just take them back home to Orange County, if thats where your heart is that's where you belong instead of bad mouthing other places. With your mind set I don't think any place would satisfy you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada