Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2006, 04:16 PM

53 posts, read 480,497 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if there are a lot of Pharmacist positions or is there an abundance of Pharmacists and no jobs?

Any tips on where to go or where to stay away from would be appreciated

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2006, 07:30 PM

11 posts, read 113,748 times
Google monster nevada pharmacists

Old 07-19-2006, 04:42 PM

Default Thanks for the tip

Actually googling Pharmacists is not going to answer my question. I believe this is the second time you posted this response to my question in another state. I am looking for a Pharmacist in the area that might have pointers on where is good, where is in need, etc.

If someone asked me about jobs in this area I wouldn't say "google Pharmacists jobs" I would be able to direct them as to the hot area in extreme need, local hospitals that are adding on, places they are going to automation, etc.

Old 07-20-2006, 01:54 PM

11 posts, read 319,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilani
Does anyone know if there are a lot of Pharmacist positions or is there an abundance of Pharmacists and no jobs?

Any tips on where to go or where to stay away from would be appreciated

Thanks!

Hey Leilani
I cant answer your question with a definate answer, but I can tell you that Walgreens occasionally has a little ad up on the wall offering free/paid training
for Pharm and Pharm Techs,
Now I havent seen it in awhile and it may be that I just havent paid attention
Why not call a Walgreens and talk to a Pharm Tech or even a Pharmacist if they would get on the phone
There seems to be a new Walgreens opening all the time over the past few years, and they always seem crowded and backed up
used to get a prescription filled in 10 minutes now theres usually at least an hours wait to get a script filled
Other Pharmacy's in Vegas are CVS, Rite Aid , Sav-On , the supermarkets usually have a Pharmacy and WalMart even has one but Walgreens are everywhere and alot of the small "neighborhood" drug stores are gone
I got a few scripts that will be filled at the end of the month, If this kid Ive become friendly with is there I'll run it by him and let you know what he says
Good Luck
And I should see the tech around the 30th, I'll post what he says

Old 07-20-2006, 09:16 PM

Hi EX-NY~

You are very kind to offer to do that for me. I appreciate it.

I spoke with a recruiter from Arizona a few days ago and he told me Las Vegas was saturated with Pharmacists like LA. Now I know San Diego is saturated but LA didn't seem to have the same thing. I asked around when I was there. But the pay is HORRIBLE in California. It's about $10 less per hour than I am making here! Can you believe that?

Anyway, you never know if they are changing things around to make you want to go to their area.

Once again, I thank you.

Leilani

Old 09-11-2006, 12:33 AM

5 posts, read 38,865 times
It depends on when you come out. Around these parts, a lot of new pharmacists tend to burn out during the cold season and quit.

Wal-Mart and Walgreens are generally all for hiring pharmacists, if those are companies you want to work for (I wouldn't, but that's me). I'm not sure what the market is for working at a just-pharmacy company.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:02 PM

2 posts, read 12,498 times
Leilani where is it you want to go? I know several locations looking for Pharmacist.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:51 PM

62 posts, read 570,172 times
There are never enough Pharmacists here. I used to work with Pharmacists at a grocery store and they always had a hard time getting them. The ones I worked with usually worked at two places though. The hours are strange. Usually 9am - 9pm with slightly shorter on the weekends. Most times the one Pharmacist would work the entire shift. So after he put in three days at the store he'd go do fill in for some one else. It also seems like they all know each other.

Old 12-31-2006, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 6,266 times
Hi TexasRecruiter,
I am looking for a retail pharmacist job in Nevada or Arizona, curently I worked in hospital and not much experience in retail pharmacy, If you know any pharmacy willing to give me a chance to train in retail business please let me know.
My email is rx.market@gmail.com

Old 12-31-2006, 11:20 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,685,477 times
We also have Long's in Las Vegas and then theres the Huntridge, White Cross, and Decatur Drugs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada