Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2010, 11:21 AM

31 posts, read 104,068 times

Advertisements

My family and I are relocating to the Gardnerville area soon. We have three young children, from 8 to 1 month, and are interested in a family friendly area. I have found several homes in both Gardnerville and Gardnerville Ranchos, it seems the cheaper home are in GR but I don't know which one to go with. We have been to the area but would like to find out the scoop before we commit. My kids are highly involved in sports, dance classes, and other extracurriculars. My oldest is in GATE and plays the guitar so we would like a school that offers both of these programs. Any input would be greatly appreciated as we are getting closer to the move. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 09:52 PM

4 posts, read 13,721 times
I worked at one of the elementary schools in the district and I lived in Gardnerville. The Gardnerville Ranchos (aka Ranchos) are, for the most part, older, slightly less well-kept, though there are certainly the exceptions. There are two elementary schools in that area. CC Meneley and Scarselli. I would definitely try to be within the boundary for Meneley. Scarselli isn't bad, Meneley is just better.

However, my first choice would be Gardnerville, Elementary. The Chichester neighborhood is very nice, zoned for Gardnerville Elementary and imho, the middle school is much nicer than the one in the Ranchos. Minden Elementary is equally as nice and about 7 minutes up the road (if you drive the speed limit...and do, they ticket frequently on hwy 395). Minden is also a great place to raise kids.

One thing that's nice about the Chichester neighborhood, there's a small park at the entrance with a gazebo and during summers, they have concerts there. A short walk for a nice evening with the family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada