Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 10:42 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,662,410 times

Advertisements

Everyone I've seen had been low quality crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 01:05 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
I sort of collect things, and so for years had a small collection, but only 2 are nicer. The rest were mostly given to me, and are low end junk.

All I ever use them for is opening letters, and that's about all they can do. I suppose you could cut steak, at dinner.

A cabin spike would make a better weapon.

The change in the law is news to me too.

Now there is very high end blades with damacus steel and rarer grip materials, made for SD, but if you use it for SD the cops will take it and keep it, unless you are really found at no fault. And even then the cops will try to keep it, just like a gun that was used in any other crime, including suicide.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:14 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,994,915 times
So how about some recommendations from the experts, might make a good backup to my Sig 40 cal, and I'm not to well versed on knives.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:13 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
When I was taught the rudiments of knife fighting, using chalk covered sticks and dark sweat suits, everyone involded, agressor and defender alike, got cut. Knife fighting for real is beyond dangerous. Bring a gun and don't let the agressor get withing 20 feet.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
When I was taught the rudiments of knife fighting, using chalk covered sticks and dark sweat suits, everyone involded, agressor and defender alike, got cut. Knife fighting for real is beyond dangerous. Bring a gun and don't let the agressor get withing 20 feet.
A gun definetly has it's advantages

Old 06-22-2010, 09:07 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
At a event called sca or something like that,as I went one time, there were for real marshal arts guys, and I got some lessons. Mostly I learned how to die with n dignity what so ever.

The trainer was good, he was very good and most others could not touch him. He used a padded stick made of a wood that won't splinter. I forget what kind of wood it was now too. While this stick was padded the trainer delivered blows with it thart raised welts on the other trainee's.

I told the trainer that if he left one welt on me I would go home to my tent in tears and get my .62 cal flintlock pistol and come back and shoot him dead.

My would be 2nd wife ad been invited back by the clan, and the offer went to me as well, so I went after making suitable garments, but had my so called 'live steel' which is real stuff from the French and Indian War. Weapons that work and are for show, to include that pistol.

The trainer knew I had that as well as other weapoins I had to display, so he still got me every time, but with a light touch. When I was done I was very humbled and scared.

If you bring a knife to fight me I will shoot you dead. I might get cut, but you will be very dead.

For sure it won't be any foolish little switchblade for me to carry. If I were going to carry for SD it would be one of these.

every day carry if i did.

And a wee something for those special occasions

Butt detail

Old 06-22-2010, 02:35 PM

497 posts, read 953,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Free View Post
... Something that won't clash with my Redhawk, maybe.
Nothing clashes with a Redhawk, except for an old flattop...

Old 06-22-2010, 02:46 PM

497 posts, read 953,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
So how about some recommendations from the experts, might make a good backup to my Sig 40 cal, and I'm not to well versed on knives.
I carry the Gerber Fast draw
Gerber Fast Draw Spring Assisted, Serrated Edge - #22-07161 : Gerber Knives - at Rocky National

It is an assisted opener, not an automatic, but surely just as fast. Very sturdy, and you won't use the grocery money just to purchase one.

Quote:
That is for sure. What I was trained, and told was, you WILL be cut, expect it. We also trained with the chalk sticks..think you are a bad azz, think again..it's a humbling event.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:04 PM

1,200 posts, read 2,216,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
If you're going to carry a knife as a backup to a sidearm I suggest you take a defensive knife class.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgthoskins View Post
If you're going to carry a knife as a backup to a sidearm I suggest you take a defensive knife class.
That's the plan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire