Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2010, 11:33 AM

66 posts, read 180,542 times

Advertisements

What's your best fishing hole in the Derry/Manchester/Concord area?

I prefer the Merrimack River in Concord at the riverfront park on Loudon Road...but I've been driving all over Southern NH looking for new spots and would appreciate your input....Also - what sort of fish do you find at your favorite spot...and yes I check the NH Fish and Game web site every week for the fish report.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 05:38 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,135,202 times
Hot Hole Pond in Loudon is a great spot for some awesome fishing. Caught my limit in brook trout every time.

The Lamprey River as it meanders through the Raymond/Epping area is also a good source for brookies early in the season. Now it's kinda' sluggish and you may catch a bass.

Lake Massabesic in Manchester/Auburn has some feisty bass.

Bear Brook in Allenstown is good for trout, cold springs keep the river from getting too warm.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:25 AM

263 posts, read 859,077 times
Beaver Pond at Bear Brook State Park is pretty good for largemouth!
We went to Northwood Lake a couple months ago....5 lb. largemouth.
I got a 4 1/2 lb. largemouth on Onway Lake in Raymond.
I've fished Massabesic at least 5 times and never caught anything! : ( Plus I know several people who say the same thing??
What's your secret Buck???? hee hee

Old 07-28-2010, 08:00 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,135,202 times
HA - like many others, I used to only catch sunfish at that lake. But then, I fished on the west side of 28 bypass - the side near the Waterworks Dept.

I was in a canoe in amongst the lily pads and I was trying out a new lure. It was a brown spotted frog and was very realistic looking. I cast out on top of the lily pads and was hopping the frog from pad to pad, just trying to get some practice. All of a sudden, a large mouth bass leaped out of the water and swallowed my frog lure! I almost fell out of the boat I was so surprised! He fought me all the way in. When I got my frog lure back, it was chewed up!

I let the fish go. I only do catch and release now.

I've caught bass other times too - once at the bridge where the lake goes under the bypass and other times at the Auburn side near the children's park and the boat launch. Where the river comes over the dam into the lake is also a good spot, but it's low this time of year.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:00 AM

66 posts, read 180,542 times
Tried out the MerrimacK River at the Hooksett Falls yesterday... no love
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire