Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 11:13 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times

Advertisements

Annie, did you ever live in Texas? Just wondering. I am a product of 51' After -40 it's about the same till it gets to be around -96. That was -60 and a bit of light winds on my range.

In a tee pee there is fire, and in mine there was fire and a small broken woodstove that could hold coals over night mostly. Basicly on one side it's hot and if you roll over you can see your breath.

Long before that I was a seasoned modern back packer so I had some of the skills. In the tee pee I dressed in wool and had wool blankets, and as many on the rope bed under us as were on top. Eatting right even if not all that much and working on fire wood keep people warm. And I refuse to be cold up in my head. And then it was live or die and i chose to live.

Yup this is God's Country your BIL didn't make that up.

I see Hispanics all at work, which is no problerm for me, other than I can't tell them what it is I want. I am in no possition to ask papers please, so I can't know if they have papers or not.

I don't see the legal ones as any problem, and I can't fault people who just want to work to live.

Most of the hispanics I see have good jobs in high tech plating and other end finisher uses for machines I build for industry. I don't see the other types normally mentioned in aggi related work, but work is work, and so long as they work and there is no other choice in NH, I don't care.

Like Greg W says, you don't come to NH to sign up for assistance.

I do see sign of gangs, and by the mannor of graffiti can tell who ever these gangs might be that they are hispanic, but so far I haven't seen any gang members I could ID. I doubt they are the same people I see at work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 11:43 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
Quote:
...Mac_Muz...Basicly on one side it's hot and if you roll over you can see your breath.
snipped....
Heck, I lived here in Florida, growing up where this happened. It can get pretty cold here, not on your level though. We were poor but respectable and lived in old houses with only fireplaces in the LR. In the bedrooms, you could see your breath, at times......I have had so many quilts piled on top of me, I could hardly turn over....if my mother was not on a job at night, she would heat a brick, wrap it in a towel and put it at the foot of my bed...heaven.

I do have a problem with illegal immigration. Those jobs that are being taken are jobs that a lot of Americans would gladly do, especially here in Florida, where construction jobs are the norm and are taken up by a lot of illegals. I believe in the law. I can't tell my grandchildren that they must obey the laws of this country and stand by while others flaunt it.....and those same grandchildren are going to be vying with those self same illegals for a some very scarce jobs..... I have a lot of legal, first generation immigrates, as clients. Good people. They are like family and they came here the right way so, I am not racist.

Anyway, I love the picture and wish I had a color copier, if it was okay to copy, to put in one of my books about Indians, just as a reference. Awesome ! Thx for explaining about teepee living..LOL. I wouldn't mind trying that, I think.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:35 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Copy away.... You should be able to copy to a file easy enough.

I don't want illegals anymore than anyone else, but I can't tell who is and who isn't. I don't have any problem getting work with or with out them, never have had a problem really getting work, but I do brutal labor mostly no one else wants.

Last winter I built machines in a un-heated barn and it was colder in the barn that the air outside.

In morning and sometimes at lunch I would wash and dry my feet, and change my socks. Sweating in boots is a bad deal, and I have 2 pair of boots so one pair can dry. In my cold getting wet is deadly in winter.

I lived in Fla mostly in Dayton and then in Miami and it snowed back in Dec 76 . I knew it would.

I have worked in const too, and to get a job I just show up with tools. Any ram rod looking over my tools sees I can do the work. Used to be to get a job as a car tech I would be given keys to a car and told to drive it a short distance and come back to say every detail about any problems and articulate how to fix any problems. I seldom filled out job apps, which came a week later for my first check.

I can't know how anyone can 'just' know who is and who isn't illegal.

In Miami I would consider I worked with illegal Cubans, who sometimes threatened my life. That didn't set very well with me and a few Cubans ended up seeing the light the hard way.

One day one of them got all upset at a coke machine and killed it. That was in a fiberglass boat factory. The glass dust gagged up the coin slots, so the guy went bonkers and poured in part A and part B expoxie floatation foam. While that was mixing up and the machine was cooking off foam what would become a brown hard foam, he proceeded to shoot his .38 pistol into the machine. Man was that oud inside a open factory.

But they learned to not mess with young punks from Boston. I wasn't really from Boston, but I had lived there for years and was street smart.

I just take people as I find em one on one. It really isn't the illegals as the problem, but the feds who refuse to enforce the law. The illegals will come untill the feds or someone else does enforce the law.

Hell 1/2 of Maine is full of French Canadains who think Maine is a part of Canada. They all work too.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:12 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
Mac_Muz, it won't let me rep you again but, good post !

I'm pretty good at spotting illegals. I even had one working for me for about 18 months and I knew he was illegal though we never talked about it. When he got picked up, I paid his airfare back to Mexico. (3rd pickup). But, he had a puerto Rican wife and a baby that wasn't his but I didn't care. He worked pretty good, helping me in my garden and I paid him well. I liked his wife very much and he needed the work but, he and she, knew very well how I felt about his illegality. (She was on SS disability)He is trying to come back legally and I told him I would work him if so but, not if he was illegal again.

You know, come to think of it, I only saw that toddler a few times and then never saw her again......when I would ask about her, she was always staying with someone....I may have been scammed (soft hearted) for the job....LOL. Oh well, he got the job done.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:17 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
I could do not care about somebody's legality so long as they are willing to work, take care of themselves and family and stay mostly sober. The dopos, gangbangers and thugs have left me alone. I am disgusted that our law enforcement does not eliminate these criminals.

I see that our respect for the LAW as has just about disappeared. Partly because the Law is absurd (ban on marijuana drugs and 55 mph speed limits) and partly because it is selectively enforced (socially prominent drunks drive home and the Mayor's kid can smoke dope on the City Hall steps). This disrespect starts at the top where financiers create monopolies and Ponzi schemes, businessmen build shoddy products, politicians accept bribes and cheat on taxes. No wonder people at the bottom break immigration laws. Being an illegal in the US beats the Hell out of being a target for gangbangers and corrupt cops back in Mexico, Columbia or Somalia.

As far as NH is concerned please be aware that much of the State has already been bilingual French/English. It didn’t matter than and it doesn’t matter now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire