Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2007, 07:46 PM

951 posts, read 1,655,407 times

Advertisements

Having been doing some research for the past year, I still have not been able to make out the small details of the NH property tax in a form that the layman can understand. My questions:

1. What is the Total Tax Rate and how is it arrived at.

2. What is the Equalization Ratio and how does it relate to the tax formula.

3. How do they develop the Full Value Tax Rate (in what ways does it differ with the Total TR).

I know this may start something larger, but all I want is the basic formulas how these three are arrived at. Please try to avoid the individual town issues on taxes. We all have them!
Thanks for any help on this.
Cheers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 05:20 PM

142 posts, read 573,591 times
Hi Bryfry we had the same ??'s that you had and was able to track
down this info. Call this woman she will give you all the info in layman
terms. Her name is Natalie her # is 603-271-2687. Each town has a different
rate but she can look up the info for you. Good Luck

Old 07-06-2007, 08:18 PM

453 posts, read 2,101,201 times
is this (broken link) what you're looking for?

Old 07-09-2007, 07:19 AM

10 posts, read 31,928 times
Default Tax Help Please

Hey Mr. Dude - thanks for that info sheet. Perhaps you can help with something more basic. We are moving from Colorado and considering VT, NH, and Maine. All this tax stuff is making my head swim. Here we pay sales tax and property tax, tags for car, state/fed income tax. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out an apples to apples comparison. E.g. a property we saw in Fitzwilliam had property tax of 4200 a year. It also had 10 ish acres. Is the $ amound tied to the size of the property or the value of the house? How does one figure out the true cost of living someplace? I'm not so worried about the $300s here and there... but what does one "get" for one's property tax? Is there school tax on top of that??? I'm extremely confused. If anyone can direct me to an overview of taxation practices in this area I'd be truly grateful....b/c what once seemed affordable is now taking on a rather daunting appearance.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:54 AM

142 posts, read 573,591 times
Hey MrDude,

Thanks for the info,yes that is what I was looking for.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:12 PM

951 posts, read 1,655,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdude View Post
is this (broken link) what you're looking for?
Partially, yes, thank you!

Obviously the numbers speak for themselves and it answers my first question, but I still need the basic questions 2 and 3 broken down as presented. Anyone?

roerinaci, thanks for the tip on Natalie. Who is she? I'll call her if I can't figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire