Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 11:04 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,909,684 times

Advertisements

The question now then jakie and Steve, is would you self bust yourselves for speeding if you were not caught? After the birth just saunter downtown to the cop shop, walk in and say 'Hey fella's I was doing a buck 20 this morning around 3 AM, so the emergency delivery of my child would be in a hosptial' 'I am here to get my $1,000.00 ticket and sign the ins register, so my ins payments will go up for the next 6 years!'

bign' yeah I got wool work clothes too, but my nice button down real wool shirt is not for work....... yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 11:06 AM

10,924 posts, read 21,922,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
No not exactly, but these circumstances were beyond the scope of law. The law is a sort of average, there can be exceptions, and if there were not, we would never have flown higher than a man can jump.

The cop could have simply looked the other way. They do it for each other alll the time.
So your comparing the speed limit law to the laws of physics?

And there it is, I was wondering how long it would be before someone said it's the cops fault

Old 01-06-2011, 11:08 AM

263 posts, read 857,847 times
HA HA HA Mac! That's a good one.
My honest answer would be "no"....I wouldn't "self-bust". I happen to break the speed limit quite often, by about 5 mph - maybe 10 mph on the highway. If I get caught, I'll definitely pay my ticket, no questions. :-P

Old 01-06-2011, 11:13 AM

OT: Laws... I got this old WW-1 vintage old town canoe. Once I had a motor for it, and made a sailing contraption of 1926 pillow ticking, and steering from a wheel off a wicker baby buggy.

I mounted the lic plate on the motor, since no registery was required with out the motor. The laws changed during this time and I didn't like the laws, so sold off the motor.

But with the change I can't sail the canoe legally, but can paddle it legally un-registered. I'll be dammned if I will have a plastic sticker on my WW-1 vintage wooden canoe, so I break the law by sailing it on off limits to motors lakes, ponds and streams, and stand about 0 chance of getting busted. I refuse to pay a tax on the wind.

I still carry more life jackets than I could use, I carry a loud signaling device that you dial 1 -911 to use. I carry a fire extinguisher, but am not too sure why, and lights for night, while I am rarely out at night, and no motor boats can go where I go anyway, but I do. I keep that junk in a tan color duffel bag, so it blends, and I don't have to suffer ugly.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
So your comparing the speed limit law to the laws of physics?

And there it is, I was wondering how long it would be before someone said it's the cops fault
Huh? What law of physics? The only ones I am aware of that try to break the laws of physics is the EPA.

And where did I say it was the cops fault? I have had verbal warnings before, like the time I was caught on a radar gun, but the cop was stuck off the road in a snow bank. I pulled him out he warned to be more carefull. I questioned him about that since it was him off the road and stuck, not me

Old 01-06-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakiedoodle View Post
HA HA HA Mac! That's a good one.
My honest answer would be "no"....I wouldn't "self-bust". I happen to break the speed limit quite often, by about 5 mph - maybe 10 mph on the highway. If I get caught, I'll definitely pay my ticket, no questions. :-P

Well if you change yer mind, do let me know, and I'l git my darlin Bride to drive you so you won't have to leave the cage behind. I personally wouldn't self bust myself either, but my wife might turn me in.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:22 PM

371 posts, read 1,158,970 times
Speed limits are not there for public safety. They are there to generate revenue for the State.

They are completely arbitrary. Often changing at state lines or town lines on the very same stretch of road. One decade the speed limit is 55, next it's changed to 65. Is the danger any different or just the law?

As far as him "just paying the fine and not complaining" Please. Go to any traffic court any day of the week - the place is filled to the gills with people fighting back (and 99% were not on the way to the hospital).

Old 01-06-2011, 12:25 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,177,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dognh View Post
Speed limits are not there for public safety. They are there to generate revenue for the State.

They are completely arbitrary. Often changing at state lines or town lines on the very same stretch of road. One decade the speed limit is 55, next it's changed to 65. Is the danger any different or just the law?

As far as him "just paying the fine and not complaining" Please. Go to any traffic court any day of the week - the place is filled to the gills with people fighting back (and 99% were not on the way to the hospital).
So it is just as safe to drive 100mph as it is to drive 25mph in a neighborhood where kids could run in front of your car at any moment?

Old 01-06-2011, 12:29 PM

I-295 isn't any neighborhood, it's the Interstate 4 lanes all going the same bloomin way, and at 3AM-4Am is empty.......

Some people here on vacation are dangerous in neighborhoods at any speed.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:24 PM

1,200 posts, read 2,211,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
So it is just as safe to drive 100mph as it is to drive 25mph in a neighborhood where kids could run in front of your car at any moment?
This is why I absolutely hate debating with liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire