U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 07:59 PM

2 posts, read 2,488 times

Advertisements

Many people live in North Conway or Bartlett and commute the 45 minutes. It's a stunningly beautiful drive without traffic. Winters can be challenging but manageable with 4 WHD and adjusting your speed to the conditions. Bartlett has lower taxes but North Conway is where the majority of restaurants and shopping are located as well as the high school and jobs.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 07:26 AM
KCZ

3,156 posts, read 1,911,542 times
Amazing how this zombie thread gets resurrected from the dead every couple of years and there still isn't much good to say about Berlin.

Old 06-08-2018, 10:24 AM

631 posts, read 415,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Amazing how this zombie thread gets resurrected from the dead every couple of years and there still isn't much good to say about Berlin.
For what it is worth, I was up in the Berlin-Gorham area last month. It IS beautiful country. The mountains are lovely and the Androscoggin River is pristine (or at least I think it is). It's good, quiet living.

Old 06-10-2018, 01:53 PM

23,065 posts, read 40,129,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ner View Post
For what it is worth, I was up in the Berlin-Gorham area last month. It IS beautiful country. The mountains are lovely and the Androscoggin River is pristine (or at least I think it is). It's good, quiet living.
Most of the trail heads to the Presedential Range converge in Randolph, just west of Gorham. Hikers paradise.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:13 PM

104 posts, read 111,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ner View Post

I don't recall where I read it but the Androscoggin river is clean, if you stay up top and near the center. The river bottom should not be disturbed as it still contains toxic pollution from the mill days decades past.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:08 PM

4 posts, read 3,293 times
So did this city get any better or is it still a blighted town? Can't be worse than Dallas.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:52 PM

5,566 posts, read 5,585,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus_Pilus View Post
So did this city get any better or is it still a blighted town? Can't be worse than Dallas.
It's more depopulated & more rundown than it was 20 years ago.

Old 03-21-2019, 12:13 PM

4 posts, read 3,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
It's more depopulated & more rundown than it was 20 years ago.
So what exactly does that mean? Can you elaborate?

I have a job across the internet so I'm totally not worried about work.

Old 03-21-2019, 12:53 PM

5,566 posts, read 5,585,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus_Pilus View Post
So what exactly does that mean? Can you elaborate?

I have a job across the internet so I'm totally not worried about work.
Berlin is bleeding population. There are not many taxpayers left & little hope of jobs. The infrastructure is run-down. There is a major drug problem...I could go on, but you get the picture. Why do you think you can purchase multi-family homes for $60k & $70k.

Go a little south & look at Littleton, a major improvement IMO.

Old 03-21-2019, 02:15 PM
KCZ

3,156 posts, read 1,911,542 times
And make sure that your new residence can get high Speed internet. The best way to be sure is that it already has it. Don't rely on coverage maps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire