Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 05:34 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times

Advertisements

When I am in Kittery I eat at Bob's Clam Hut on rt 1 next to the (damn I forgot the name but it included Trader or something similar). Bob's is not Mexican but has some very good eastern seafood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 06:11 PM

80 posts, read 276,111 times
The place in Kittery is called Loco Coco's tacos (on Walker St) and is about the closest thing I have found to California mexican food, although good for NH standards is not GREAT but I consider it the best I have tried in New England thus far (they make homemade tamales). Whatever you do stay AWAY from Margaritas. People here LOVE it, but clearly they have never eaten West Coast Mexican food. There is a place in Manchester (called El Mexicano) I have yet to try (drove by one night sans husband and with children in tow and decided to go elsewhere as it seemed a bit rough for me). But they apparently have real mexican food and HORCHATA - something that has been impossible to locate here.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:30 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,532 times
Lived in S.Cal most of my life and been in NH for 7 yeras now. Margarita's is excellent IMO. Their chile rellanos are as good as any I have had in CA. Green enchiladas plate stuffed with pork are super.
The large tacos (you can choose any meat) are crisp and tasty. Also, I like the plain cheese enchiladas. Disappointed they do not offer tamales. My wife and I eat there about twice a month.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:02 PM

107 posts, read 343,253 times
California Mexican food is in a league all it's own. I spent a couple of years in San Diego and...... well I don't wanna get upset about how much I miss that food.

Also living on Long Island most of my life there was a decent amount of Authentic Mexican places as well as some chain places, but I thought we left it all behind when we moved to the lakes region.

In Wolfeboro just off Main St. is El Centenario. The place is great! I've had better and certain things are little different from what I have been used to but it is authentic and it's good! My wife and I have stuffed ourselves with their lunch menu for about $25. Dinner was excellent as well. They have a large menu with many choices. Small place with a great atmosphere too.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:32 PM

885 posts, read 2,660,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANHkid View Post
Best we have found is Ixtapa at the Newington Mall...
Ixtapa? Oh good gracious no....

If you like American Mexican food, the Margaritas chain will not kill you.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:34 PM

885 posts, read 2,660,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
When I am in Kittery I eat at Bob's Clam Hut on rt 1 next to the (damn I forgot the name but it included Trader or something similar). Bob's is not Mexican but has some very good eastern seafood.
Bob's is great. At the other end of the price range, Robert's (same owner as Bob's) is also fantastic.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcewan View Post
ixtapa? Oh good gracious no....

If you like american mexican food, the margaritas chain will not kill you.
ditto

Old 03-24-2011, 03:43 PM

Also like Chipolte in the Fox Run Mall in Portsmouth-especially since it is all organic. Drawback is they only serve burritos and taco plates but it is very good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire