Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2011, 01:01 PM

448 posts, read 1,054,758 times

Advertisements

wheres a good place to look for a modular home in NH thats not on a lot??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 05:16 AM

477 posts, read 899,609 times
Are you talking about builders, showcases, like that. So you can go check out the houses?

Old 01-31-2011, 05:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Do you mean on a seperate building site and not in a park?

Old 01-31-2011, 06:15 AM

@nhforester was looking for one already built.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:19 AM

@GregW
i mean one thats already built thats not in a park i can't see paying lot rent. but it seems like there all in parks though and if your home gets to old they can tell you to move it i'm not going through that crap. and i can't see paying 400-500 a m onth just to be parked on a lot plust winding up paying all my own bills and most parks don't allow dogs also is what i'm finding out hell if i wanted to be told what i can and cant do i might as well go back home and live with my parents lol

Old 01-31-2011, 06:39 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,116,449 times
OP, I think you have modular and manufactured homes mixed up.

Manufactured are built on a steel frame, that usually serves as a trailer frame for delivery. A good brand in Clayton - owned by Warren Buffett. I live in one built in 2000, and have been satisfied by it.

A modular is a typical stick built house, built on ****, and then usually set on a traditional foundation via crane. Don't know too much about them, but they are good, and usually about the same price as having a house built on site.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Look up Structural Panel homes. May be cheaper and better insulated. I would also check out condominiums. Prices have dropped a lot. If you want to really save money move back in with your parents.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:56 AM

@ greg
i was joking about the moving back in with my parents thing but from what iv'e been reading in condo and mobile home park contracts most of the rules are bs i can see common sence stuff like no loud noise and keeping your place clean. and yes prices have dropped on lots of real estate there greg why i'm looking i'll just need my laywer to read the contract over and mark out what they can't enforce. the last place i lived in they tried to tell me what curtains i could put in my windows and i couldn't have my xmas tree in front of the window and or near it thats controll and there was not heating unit by the window eathier so that wasn't an issue.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:26 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
A modular home is not a trailer of any kind. It is factory built in halfs usually and the 2 halves are slammed togther on a real foundation, which ends up a stick built house.

Some are far better than others.

Anything with wheels that are desinged to come off is a trailer house. These are what are in parks. Depending on a towns zoning if you buy land you can park one on it. Some towns have no zoning and you can about simply park that trailer and call it home, but this isn't a wize idea.

Other towns have minor zoning and would demand a proper pad, and proper water out before there is water in.

Interestingly I have a buddy with a modular home that is very nice. There was a slight error some how and when the 2 halves were slammed the roof peak up to be around a 13/12 pitch, which sheds snow like a bandit

Since then he has added on porches on 3 sides and you would never know it wasn't just a modern cape. I assisted hard moving in a pool table slate we cut from a dead pool table which a nice wood stove sits on in the living room.

My buddy made a contraption that raises a wood box up thru the floor next to the wood stove. That device is wicked cool. It has bang plates from old boats stems to rasie the trap door, and the box is antique. The carpeting is trimmed with metal carpet trim in a gold tone which looks good with his light blue carpet. When the door is closed, the box is in cellar, and you see what seems a place to leave boots near the stove, and when it's open there is a antique box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire