Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 08:33 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,324,295 times

Advertisements

Hello,

In my opinion, it is very difficult to get a good pizza in New Hampshire. By good I mean a traditional New York/ New Jersey pizza. Nothing with thick crust. I currently live in Concord and we have Checkmate here which is pretty good. I will be moving to Laconia and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I also really like Elvios which is in Lincoln and North Conway, but I am looking for something closer to Laconia. I am willing to drive for a good pizza.

Also I have heard good things about the Ossipee Pizza Barn on Rt 16. Has anyone eaten there?

Thank you,

Nicole
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 09:06 AM

793 posts, read 3,121,504 times
Yes Elvios is good. Ossippe Pizza Barn....can't think of where that is precisely, sorry. There is a place in downtown Meredith whose name currently eludes me that was pretty good. I'll have to get back to you if I can locate it on-line. New Hampshire has its share of very good pizza joints, and none of them are technically "NY style"- most New York style pizza is overrated and simply pieces of dry cardboard barely dabbed with bland tomato sauce in my humble opinion.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:10 AM

Thanks. By New York Style I really meant similar to Elvios since they are originally from New York.

Are you talking about Giueseppes? I have meant to try it but have never gotten around to it.

Thanks!

Old 07-20-2007, 09:41 AM

793 posts, read 3,121,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Thanks. By New York Style I really meant similar to Elvios since they are originally from New York.

Are you talking about Giueseppes? I have meant to try it but have never gotten around to it.

Thanks!
That sounds like the place. I am at least 95% sure of it!

Old 07-20-2007, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown stuntman View Post
That sounds like the place. I am at least 95% sure of it!
Great- I will probably try and go in the next few weeks. I will let you know how it goes.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:57 PM

108 posts, read 412,837 times
The pizza place in Meredith is Guiseppi's I believe. I haven't had the pizza but I have heard it is good.
Ellacoya Barn and Grill in Gilford has awesome pizza...best we have had in the lakes region. Stay away from anything that has "House of Pizza" in its name..usually thick and greasy.

Old 07-21-2007, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmjinnh View Post
The pizza place in Meredith is Guiseppi's I believe. I haven't had the pizza but I have heard it is good.
Ellacoya Barn and Grill in Gilford has awesome pizza...best we have had in the lakes region. Stay away from anything that has "House of Pizza" in its name..usually thick and greasy.
Thanks- I will try that place as well.

Nicole

Old 07-25-2007, 05:16 PM

117 posts, read 485,709 times
Guiseeppes pizza is very good but I have had many good pizzas so I just like pizza and I would go there for sure

Old 07-26-2007, 04:03 AM

639 posts, read 3,527,019 times
Default Really good pizza in NH Finally Here....

I'm so fussy when it comes to pizza too because I grew up in Boston right near the North End. Have you ever heard of the Pizzeria Regina? It's located on Thatcher Street over there. That's awesome pizza and when I go anywhere else it never comes up to it. EVER. So believe me I'm fussy too! I always see this Sal's Pizza all over northern Mass and southern NH. They have a sign that says "Right from the North End" Well forgettt abouttt it. It's NOT from the North End, trust me on that one!

I wanted to make sure you knew that if you're ever ever in Portsmouth, NH? GO to the Flatbread Company for a pizza some day! From what I hear they're putting these in a lot of cities and towns, I know there's one in Amesbury, MA too that I keep wanting to hit for lunch some day soon. Additionally check out Portland, Maine; North Conway, New Hampshire; Bedford, Massachusetts, Canton, CT, AND even Paia, Maui, Hawaii!!!!

I finally after all these years of living here and saying the same thing about all the pizza places in this state and after all these years of eating ONLY the best of the best pizza down in Boston? We hit this Flatbread Company Pizza and it IS VERY good here. I was actually amazed and stunned that I finally found a place that hit the nail RIGHT on the head with their ingredients. GO there some day if you ever want a good pizza, you won't regret it. It's extremely delicious and like I said I'm pretty fussy too when it comes to it. Here's their website so you can check it out. It's flatbread company dot com:

Flatbread Company Home

Some day take a ride down to Portsmouth from the Lakes region for lunch and head to this wonderful find. It's actually not a bad drive from the Laconia area. Just drive down the Spaulding Turnpike past Rochester from the Lake area and you'll be there in no time....Let us know what you think!

Last edited by CityGirl52; 07-26-2007 at 04:24 AM..

Old 07-26-2007, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIMU View Post
Guiseeppes pizza is very good but I have had many good pizzas so I just like pizza and I would go there for sure
Thanks WIMU, we are planning to go there soon!

Thanks,

Nicole
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire