Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 06:24 AM

1,274 posts, read 2,382,811 times

Advertisements

People exit the Spaulding at 6N to avoid the tolls. They take Dover Pt Rd north all the way into Dover. I do this also unless I'm in a hurry and then I'll fork over the 75 cents to get to the Exit 9 area quicker.

Taking a left turn onto Dover Pt Rd from Landing Way will be exciting at times. The speed limit is 45 I think, and traffic does not move slowly on this 2 lane road. I consider it a major thoroughfare into Dover. If they'd put the tolls south of 6N, there would be a lot less traffic.

Pull it up on google earth or satellite view to get a better view of the land. Its not bumper to bumper traffice, but it's not a quiet country road either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 06:29 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
If you do not have the DeLorme New Hampshire Map, get one. They cost about $25 and they are in a large enough scale to show individual buildings. They are on sale almost everywhere. I consider it to be absolutely necessary for anyone living in NH.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:10 PM

82 posts, read 391,507 times
Antique yellow colonial on the corner with beautiful inlays in the foyer??? I love that house (used to be a Realtor in Dover...still a proud resident!)!

I often use Dover Point myself as a bypass of sorts. From experience, it is a very busy road; we actually passed on the purchase of a house located just off Dover Point Road ourselves about 10 years ago because of the traffic and noise. There are a number of commercial, high traffic properties along that stretch of road, and while the Landing Road area is gorgeous, I would stick with an area a little more off the beaten path (based on your comments).

That being said, I cannot say enough positive about Dover (see many prior posts); we LOVE living here. My husband and I are both mid-40s, in the medical field, with two school-aged children. There are great restaurants, a walkable downtown, numerous civic activities and festivals, and nearby shopping.

Hope that helps...PM me with any questions or if I can be of any help!

Old 02-15-2011, 10:16 PM

354 posts, read 1,273,307 times
Only dover residents would use Dover pt Rd to skip the tolls. Not that big of a deal. Some people would consider that rd busy and others would consider it desolate. I like that part of town a lot.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:45 AM

885 posts, read 2,660,961 times
Any house on Dover point will hear traffic noise from both Dover Point Rd AND the Spaulding Turnpike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire