Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 12:06 PM

163 posts, read 374,861 times

Advertisements

Stay Single
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 02:49 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNiteCruisin View Post
Stay Single
You've got that correct.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:28 PM

1 posts, read 727 times
First off if she moved out of state and there was no court order then they both had equal legal right to the child without a court order you can't do anything....if she had her child everyday for 18 months and one day the father took the child he would not have to give the child back without a court order because there was nothing in place on who has physical custody of the child...if the sole custody was not court ordered then she could not leave the state without the fathers okay in the picture or not...nh goes for joint custody to ensure each parent has a relationship with the child....if the child is being neglected/abused in the fathers care then she needs proof to get "sole" custody....dcyf report picturns statement ect.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:35 PM

2 posts, read 1,163 times
Yes, NH is *definitely more, even TOO, 'dad friendly'. My ex is a druggie, alcoholic abuser and he has custody of my son. I've never done anything wrong, only complained about the abuse and said my son shouldn't have to grow up around someone with drug, alcohol and abuse issues. They ignored everything I said, never called witnesses or experts, refused evidence, etc. I got slapped under the state's 'friendly parent' provisions instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellenbosley View Post
I'm fairly new to NH and accustomed to laws of the south mainly. A friend here has been going through an ongoing custody battle with her child's father. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly pro-mom. Not with the number of women I know that probably should not have their children at all that have them full time and sit around collecting support for them, not working etc. I'm the first to jump on that bandwagon back home that fathers should have more visitation, joint custody etc. However, I find myself having the opposite feelings up here. In my friend's situation- both parents work, maintain their own homes etc. She had sole custody of the child for the first 18 months of the child's life. Then they finally went to court and the judge granted the father, who had little to no involvement in the child's life up to that point, joint custody. The court ordered her to have to transport the child to and from the father's home, an hour away! Why is she responsible for getting the child to and from the father's home for his days with the child? Furthermore, since being granted joint custody, the father has failed to return the child when it's time to go back to mom's house, once for four days he just disappeared, another time for a week! She called the police every day and went with them to his house to ensure it was on record that he'd done this. Nothing was done about it. Is that normal? Where I come from, if you have joint custody and fail to return the child to the other parent when you are supposed to, that is lawfully termed 'kidnapping'. It's also grounds for contempt and another trip to court to revise the situation. Furthermore, prior to the custody agreement, she had sole custody of the child and the father rarely kept contact or attempted to see the child. Mom moved to another state with the child and the NH court system ordered her to move back. Another law I'm not used to seeing. Sole legal and physical custody means you can move and make any major decisions you want to in the child's life without the consent of the other parent... where I'm from anyway. She's a single mom trying to make it in not-so-cheap NH, and ideally wanted to relocate to PA where she was raised and has family. The lawyer she used sure costed enough to not really do much of anything for her but file paperwork. All I can figure is NH is one of those states that, like many others, got a bad 'pro-mom' rep for awhile and is trying to rectify it by granting fathers more access to their children regardless of their behavior or the best interests of the child. FYI, child throws fits every week when it's time to go with the father, doesn't appear to be well cared for or even bathed while in his care.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:36 PM

2 posts, read 1,163 times
Rubbish. They give unwed fathers custody all the time, never make them prove a thing in terms of their commitment to or care of the child(ren).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNiteCruisin View Post
Stay Single

Old 11-20-2016, 04:16 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,991,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellenbosley View Post
The court ordered her to have to transport the child to and from the father's home, an hour away! .

the father has failed to return the child when it's time to go back to mom's house, once for four days he just disappeared, another time for a week!
As others have stated - there is more to this story not being stated.

If in fact the to and from is valid. Then how could the child not be returned in 4 days or a week?
An Amber Alert would have gone out.

As with many of these cases the hate becomes intensive. Sadly the child is the one affected.

Probably best to NOT get involved in any divorce case. Other then to advise the friend to obtain the services of a competent attorney.

In every case that I have witnessed there are two sides - and each side has different "facts".

Move on. Leave them alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire