Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 06:03 PM

89 posts, read 134,553 times

Advertisements

Nothing wrong with "smoking" in public, certainly victimless crimes are no business of the State. Open or Concealed Carry is a Right, and while ugly women might flash for free, the good looking ones either charge ya or make ya marry them first Either way you're broke...but happy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 09:49 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtwigg View Post
From what I've seen of these so-called "Free Staters" in Keene; they're a bunch of whiny kids more concerned with smoking pot in public, open carrying firearms and a few ugly topless women.

Then again these are the ones giving the other ten percent of the "Free Staters" a bad name.

I am rural all sorts of crap slows my connection....

Be Free thanks for the link....
Mista' Twigg, Yeah that's what I see so far, and other things under the guise of Freedom less Free.

Be Free I was on at that very site once. I was told their idea of Freddom was coming to NH whether or not I liked it.

It got a little heated, when the particular Freedom seekers I was conversing with turned out to be anti gun.

It Happens...

I sort of stand alone, I know that, I don't live like 98% of people.

But when laws change most often these days it is a knee jerk recation to some distant event some where 'Away'.

Most often more freedom, ends up as less freedom.

When that happens I just ignor it. It ends up as to encroach and enforce law on me, some body is gonna have a choice of whom goes home fer dinner. Real simple, real basic.

It's not like I go to towns much, as I refrain from doing that. I like my elbow room and space. I don't go start problems I live in Peace and expect the same.

If I wanted to smoke the wild woodland weeds I just would right here at home. Who's gonna stop me? The only thing that stops me is me, since I have exactly 0 desire.

I don't even go to gun ranges, I prefer to shoot right here. It's a lot safer too. The only one who minds is one of the dogs who is a sheepy coward in the first place. She goes into my closet and sulks for the time I shoot. At first petting I am forgiven.

So far as I am concerned there is 46 states almost the same, and I don't understand why one out, makes so much difference.

Kinda like if you ever saw one walmart there is no point in seeing all the rest... Seeing one is all I need to know that all walmarts are butt ugly. they all got cheap junk any fool can waste money on..

A big screen tv to me is common trash. I am a little different.. My newest car is a 1985..

These Free Staters should go Free Caliwagg O' Fornia. II hear it's bright warm and sunny there most of the time. They'ld like it there better than here where it's 18% gray most of the time, pretty wet, and REAL COLD

Old 02-20-2011, 11:28 AM

817 posts, read 2,188,862 times
It would take way too many of them to make a difference in CA. NH is small enough that they figured 20k of them could have enough influence to keep it a free state.

As far as I know, NONE of them are anti-gun. Some of them don't care to own guns themselves, but I don't believe they think our gun rights should be taken away. I could be wrong though. I don't know any of them personally, my info is all from lurking on their website. I know they often have open carry garbage pickups where they clean up along the roads while wearing guns, just to show the public that good citizens have guns too.

The ones in Keene seem to be the anarchists, mostly. Getting arrested repeatedly, trying to get pot legalized, and stuffing cameras in the cops' faces all the time. I don't think that stuff works and it probably keeps membership lower than it would otherwise be. A lot of people think of the Keene crowd when you say "Free State Project" and don't realize they have sane, professional people working for good things.

I guess you take the bad with the good. If we have to have new people moving into the state (and we do), I'll take the Free Staters over the nanny state loving libs from MA and NY any day.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:56 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Maybe....... I got a bad first impression, which is real easy for me to get. I got no use of most from eastern Mass and or anyone much fron NYC....

Western Mass is like another state.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:28 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Most of these childern seem to want a state that is "free" for them at my expense. If they want to live "free" let them move back in with mommy.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:02 AM

477 posts, read 899,910 times
I'm the original Fee Stater! Since 1972.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:05 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Until the Free Staters started pushing the issue, the police in many NH towns and cities were rabidly anti-open carry and routinely illegally detained or arrested people doing it. That's why so many free staters were open carrying (and some of them were wrongly detained or arrested).

Old 02-22-2011, 07:09 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,753 times
The FSP is one of the reasons I love NH. The anarchist stuff I could care less about, but I'm all for small government.

If there is one state where we can preserve freedom, It's NH. You need a small state, with few if any major metropolitan areas, along with a politically active population. You guys have that in NH. Sure, there are some New Yawkas and such moving up there trying to change things, but for the most part, it seems like things are improving somewhat there.

I wish I could say the same here in Colorado. Other than a slim majority in the Senate, we have moonbat libs everywhere else in the state. The worst is the state supreme court here where they continually attack our Tax Payer Bill of Rights.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:09 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,452,247 times
Anarchists are a threat to the FS movement, imo. There is a big difference between limited gov't. and anarchy. Effects of anarchy inevitably invite regulation, etc. to right things that have gone wrong, then we are back to the problem of big government.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:09 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,036,022 times
it's a very sad phenomenon: no matter what the party, it seems to attract wacko extremists who give the party a bad name/rep. none of them are exempt, even ones that start out trying to push common sense! I just don't understand how the wackos extremists always seem to take over, though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire