Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 03:00 PM

70 posts, read 165,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMachine View Post
Hi All,
My husband and I would like to take horse riding lessons as adults this summer, neither of us have any horse experience, but it is as goal of ours. We live in Lee, NH. I was wondering if anyone here might know of a person or stable in the the Lee/Durham/Dover/Madbury or surounding area that offers adults lessons with a flexible schedule? (we work weekdays). I have tried to search online, but my gut is telling me most of these lessons aren't necessarily posted on the internet, but rather by word of mouth, or just known to people who are "in the know" when it comes to the local horse community. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great!

Whoever I take lessons from will have the joy of watching me attempt to mount a horse, as I can barely get on a merry-go-round horse at Canobie Lake Park, hahaha . I would consent to being video taped so the instructor could win a million dollars on America's Funniest Home Videos.
Hi there - When I was younger I took lessons in English riding for a few years at Mizpah Farm in Derry. The instructor's name was Mary and she was awesome. They have horses there specifically for lessons, which was good when I was starting out. As an adult, I've been to other places that use the horses they are selling for lessons, which wasn't so great. I think it's better to be on a horse that knows the drill while you build your muscles. You need some serious thighs to ride

Mizpah Farm
159 Hampstead Rd
Derry, NH
434-8779
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 10:22 PM

70 posts, read 165,449 times
Sorry - I forgot to mention that you should probably ask for recommendations at your local tack shop. I only know the one in Salem (State Line Tack), but I'm sure there are some near you. Isn't there an equestrian center at UNH?

Old 03-23-2011, 10:29 AM

741 posts, read 1,282,537 times
There must be! Infact maybe I will contact the Equestrian Center for recommendations for used tack etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire