Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2011, 08:46 AM

2 posts, read 6,584 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I have been staying in somersworth (& no offense to anyone who lives here BUT I *really dislike this town, for several reasons) with friends so I could get back on my feet after escaping from an abusive relationship. Well now I am ready to move into my own place with my 2 year old daughter. I am not completely unfamiliar to nh, its more that I don't know where the closest nh town to middleton ma is. From what I can gather I believe its the salem, pelham area.....however id like to stay closer to the portsmouth area....I don't mind commuting but, id like to find something under a 45 min drive. While at the same time consider the fact that my daughter will start pre school in the fall, so with that being said the school system would need to be a good one. I don't mind a small town, but would like to be able to go to the market w/o having to travel to another town. I've tried doing searches like "what are exeter nh's surrounding towns" & this site is where it lead me. I'm hoping someone or better yet many people can give me advice/information fitting the information I described. Thank you all for your time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 11:34 AM

3,686 posts, read 7,423,982 times
Kingston or Plaistow should meet your requirements. Good luck!

Old 03-16-2011, 12:41 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,943,398 times
For the most direct route to Middleton, you'll probably want to stay as close to Rte 95 as possible: Seabrook, South Hampton, etc. Kingston & Plaistow were recommended, and these would be doable as well, but a certain amount of back roads (or the dreaded Rte 125) would be necessary before getting onto 495 (then a long ride on Rte 114 to get into Middleton. (Ugh: traffic lights). If you are seeking a rental, Seabrook will have more to chose from than South Hampton (more rural) while Plaistow would have more possibilities than Kingston.

Salem/Pelham area would require you to take I93 south, then Rte 213 to connect up to 495, then to 114...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire