Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2011, 08:24 AM

38 posts, read 70,606 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are being relocated to the Portsmouth area at the end of May (I had another post about it a month ago - thanks everyone for the help!).

We have 2 dogs and would like to rent a home within 15 minutes of Portsmouth.
We're really trying to avoid apartment living - not a good choice with bigger dogs. I've attached a picture of my girls - for no reason, really.
I've been looking on craigslist, and WOW, not many dog-friendly renters.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should we look into realty companies? Anyone specific? We're trying to keep our rent between $1200-$1400.
Any advice would be awesome, and greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Kate
Attached Thumbnails
Home Rental Suggestions in Portmsouth Area-img00413-20101011-1518.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 08:26 AM

Default Dog Breeds

FYI - they are a Golden Retriever and Belgian Shepard - both super sweet and love people.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:20 PM

1,274 posts, read 2,373,576 times
Don't have any good ideas about rentals that allow dogs, but I've just got to say that the picture is priceless! I am a huge Golden Retriever fan (I have one myself). My dog used to be a certified therapy dog. I've heard that certifications like that (Good Canine Citizen, etc.) can ease the concerns of potential landlords, as it speaks to the manners of the dog. I'd think you'd have better luck renting a house vs. a condo or apt. Do you have references you can provide from past landlords about your dogs? Keep searching, someone will eventually accept a dog in a rental, but you might pay a premium.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:08 PM

Thank you - they are my babies. I do have references - and I will look into Good Canine Citizen.
I didn't realize how hard it would be - we've been renting here for the last few years and have had no problems.
Thank you so much.
I'm pathetic, but I put a couple more pictures in an album on my profile. The golden is hysterical.
Kate

Old 03-19-2011, 05:15 PM

9,327 posts, read 21,960,658 times
Have you tried contacting a realtor and letting them know you have dogs for feedback?
Also I'd check out Dover.. close enough to Psmith and cheaper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire