Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 04:02 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3780 View Post
I think Cheyenne would be neat, but Wyoming is a bit more remote than I was aiming at (though I love the mountains).

I found cheyanne to be a pit. Only part of that state I didnt like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 02:09 PM

1,274 posts, read 2,382,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
I found cheyanne to be a pit. Only part of that state I didnt like.
I lived there from 2002-2005. Not a bad town. Not really any bad areas. I'd go back if I had to. Not pretty like New England, but not bad for an inter-mountain west high plains city. Quite windy, though.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:42 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,172,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomThroughAnarchism View Post
Back when the FSP first started and they were deciding on a state, NH, WY, AK, and I think MT were the big leaders with NH and WY really being the only two real contenders. A real good case was made for WY, but NH eventually won out (though really it was more for practical reasons, because to be honest... most people just were not prepared to deal with WY. NH is at least in proximity to "east coast civilization.")
I don't that it was "practical reasons" entirely. You have three western states there and one eastern state. Not sure if the combined western state totals would have been enough to overtake New Hampshire, but it certainly would have helped Wyoming if the states similar to it were filled with such obvious nonstarters as Vermont and Delaware. After reviewing the still present debates on which state to pick it seems Alaska seems to be the only state that had a significant number of people voting against because it was nearly impossible for Free Staters to sell to their wives.

I might move to Wyoming, but as much as I like the FSP I just can't see moving there when I'll always have the looming threat of Boston suburbs undoing any progress. Plus when you see what has been accomplished in New Hampshire just imagine how more could have been done in a lower population state like Wyoming, and its neighbors are so much more pro-freedom and just waiting to be pollinated by libertarian's moving out from a Wyoming hub.

Last edited by AuburnAL; 04-15-2012 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: Added the bit about Alaska

Old 04-16-2012, 09:04 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
The "Free Saters" and their Hyper Konservtive brethern are doing greatdamage to individual freedom to at least half the population of New Hampshire. there recent attacks on the right to choose to carry a pregnancy or not have been restricted more than in the last 100 years or so. This is shameful behavior from people that claim to champion "freedom for all". I guess "all" means all men. Women need not be considered.

They champion "Free Me!" Not freedom for all.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:47 AM

371 posts, read 1,161,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The "Free Saters" and their Hyper Konservtive brethern are doing greatdamage to individual freedom to at least half the population of New Hampshire. there recent attacks on the right to choose to carry a pregnancy or not have been restricted more than in the last 100 years or so. This is shameful behavior from people that claim to champion "freedom for all". I guess "all" means all men. Women need not be considered.

You don't have the "freedom" to murder. That goes for women and men.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:25 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,565 times
Quote:

Funny how helmet law talk and a sales or income tax talk always comes from the left. Guess their not for freedom either huh? Oh and did I forget that wonderful smioking ban in bars. Seems dems think they should tell people how to run their business's.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:46 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,139 times
More nutcases. Just what NH doesn't need.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:36 AM

I suggers a good place to Free Staters is Northern Idaho or the bootheel of New Mexico. Just leave New Hampshire to us Yankees and we will do OK without you.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:44 AM

8 posts, read 9,248 times
Quote:
I suggers a good place to Free Staters is Northern Idaho or the bootheel of New Mexico. Just leave New Hampshire to us Yankees and we will do OK without you.
I agree with the above.
I have been working on moving to NH for the past couple years because I like the way it IS. When groups like this move to a state they are going to try and change things. LIVE FREE OR DIE NH does not need anymore rules

Old 04-17-2012, 08:25 AM

IMHO - IT NEEDS A MITE FEWER.

The State has no right or interest in regulating abortion. That is a medical procedure that is between a woman and her physician. It is not my business, your business or the State's business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire