Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 06:15 PM

202 posts, read 504,755 times

Advertisements

For those wondering why that guy in Keene burned himself alive the other day.

Thomas James Ball Self-Immolated in Protest of the “Justice” System - Free Keene
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 06:45 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,521,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmartian View Post
For those wondering why that guy in Keene burned himself alive the other day.

Thomas James Ball Self-Immolated in Protest of the “Justice” System - Free Keene
Quite the last letter. I shall endeavor to finish it at my leisure, but skimmed most of it.

There was some speculation yesterday whether people were 'jumping the gun' trying to 'read too much into it.' Guess that answers that.

I would have preferred if the root of the problem stemmed from something else, but life doesn't always hand us the perfect test case on a platter.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:49 PM

106 posts, read 254,038 times
They wonder why people go out after takin out a bunch of others. This chick should be glad she didn't get it first along with the people at the court.

That's crazy stuff. argh hard to read stuff.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:45 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,373,819 times
I have yet to see any "Family Services" department do anything that is useful or that bears any relation to common sense. All states should just shut them down - they do more harm than good.

My husband told me that when he got his divorce from his first wife (who was a real piece of work), some women's "support" group was hanging around near the court to intercept soon-to-be ex-wives. They told her to lie and claim that he was abusing her so that she would get more money. Since then I've never donated a DIME to any of these women's groups.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:55 AM

1,200 posts, read 2,216,321 times
Thomas Ball was spot on, the system is a train wreck and needs to come down.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:08 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,542,547 times
and he solved his problem how? Hey if anyone wants to turn him into a hero or martyr fine, that is your choice.. stupid is stupid, and that was just stupid..and fatal. Stupid for his choices in relationships, stupid for his choices in how to handle a problem and stupid in his choice if killing himsef.. nothing resolved, just a dead guy.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:35 AM

1,200 posts, read 2,216,321 times
Maybe he doesn't like prison

Old 06-17-2011, 11:10 PM

181 posts, read 305,614 times
Live Free or DIE. He sure taken it literally.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:39 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Too bad he didn't live to fight another day. I went thru that system of injustice for 12 years. I just didn't hit anyone to get there. My x went thru 3 for crap lawyers the first 2 violated my rights and got slapped on the wrist by the Pro Conduct Comittee, and the last got her buns thrown out of court with a warning of contempt.

None if it was any fun.

To get there all I had to do was get hurt on the job, and have AIG decide I wasn't worth the fix, that and my now very x dating openly for te last 3 years of that marriage.

I wouldn't give a plug nickel for any social worker alive today.

And people wonder what it's like to dwell in a tee pee for 3 full years.

Yup I sure screwed up and got married to young at 26, and had a kid 2 years later.

I did it all wrong that first time.

Getting into that mess is easy, getting out is nearly impossible.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:50 PM

7 posts, read 8,351 times
There's no question that the court system in this country has gotten out of control. On one hand, they're letting repeat violent offenders out time after time. On the other, the criminal justice system is going after peaceful people who would never have been targeted before.

In New Hampshire, we once had just 500 people behind bars, with a lower crime rate. We now have over 3,000 people serving time for everything from attempted negligence to self-defense, from minor possession of marijuana to missing child support or tax payments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire