Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 08:10 AM

1,281 posts, read 3,694,550 times

Advertisements

This thread I figured I would mske up for some of those things to do in the area this summer. Most are FREE or small donations.

IN DOVER:
There is a Cocheco Arts Festival on Friday evenings in downtown Dover.
www.cochechoartsfestival.org

Get a button to help support it ($10 for the button - get $250 in coupons for businesses in Dover) Fosters.com - Dover NH, Rochester NH, Portsmouth NH, Laconia NH, Sanford ME

Don't forget to visit the museum and Woodman Institute just south of the Central Ave/Silver St intersection. It's hours of fun and interesting things - including a log cabin from back in the revolutionary days (If memory serves me right on the years). It is all for a very small fee! (under $5 if I remember right here too)

IN ROCHESTER:
Rochester Recreation is proud to host the 2011 Concert on the Common Summer Music Series. Shows are on Tuesdays at 7 p.m. at Rochester's beautiful Common in the shadow of the historic gazebo. All shows are free. Bring a lawn chair or blanket and enjoy musical entertainment.

For more information, please call 332-4120 or e-mail brinn.chute@ rochesternh.net. Here's the lineup: Fosters.com, Dover NH, Rochester NH, Portsmouth NH, Laconia NH, Sanford ME

IN PORTSMOUTH:
Prescott Park puts on several plays and lots of other activities for a voluntary donation. They are doing "The Wizard of Oz" this year. Prescott Park Arts Festival

And just over the border in Berwick ME is the Hackmatack Playhouse - an awesome atmosphere to go see plays - it's a barn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 08:18 AM

Default For this weekend only 7/9/11

Fosters.com - Dover NH, Rochester NH, Portsmouth NH, Laconia NH, Sanford ME

Go see the Stanley Cup in Rochester

Old 07-11-2011, 08:54 AM

491 posts, read 1,368,362 times
Thanks for the Prescott Park link. Will try to take the kiddos to Wizard of Oz and fairy house tour.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:38 PM

82 posts, read 390,792 times
Also, technically not in summer, but...

The Seacoast Irish festival is in Dover the second weekend in September...great time, good music, dancers, culture...what more can you ask for??

Old 07-29-2011, 02:02 PM

Default Tonights Cocheco Arts Festival moved to Dover HIgh

Doors open at 6 concert at 7

Old 07-29-2011, 05:24 PM

24 posts, read 40,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2NCMom View Post
Doors open at 6 concert at 7
Gee NH2ncMOM aka Fuquay Varina ~ you are making me miss home!!! are you in NC or NH ~ nonetheless, don't forget to mention ...things to do on the seacoast......a Wonderful drive to North Conway/Glenn for the kids, Storyland, etc !!!! Awesome!

Old 07-29-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homewardboundnh View Post
Gee NH2ncMOM aka Fuquay Varina ~ you are making me miss home!!! are you in NC or NH ~ nonetheless, don't forget to mention ...things to do on the seacoast......a Wonderful drive to North Conway/Glenn for the kids, Storyland, etc !!!! Awesome!
I'm sadly in NC lovely Fuquay Varina (a step above Durham NH maybe LOL)

Many things to do in the State and yes I miss it daily Santa's workshop and Clark's Trading Post etc but that's all North if they go!

Old 07-30-2011, 11:05 AM

3 posts, read 2,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflynns View Post
Also, technically not in summer, but...

The Seacoast Irish festival is in Dover the second weekend in September...great time, good music, dancers, culture...what more can you ask for??
I went to the website and it shows the date of the event as June 11th. That's too bad. I will be visiting towns in NH from Sept 7th to Sept 15th. My wife and I, and my 1 year old daughter are seriously considering moving from southern California to New Hampshire.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:39 AM

Default Over the border in S Berwick - but looks awesome

If you haven't checked out the Hamilton House in S. Berwick, ME you are missing a gem - gardens and architect etc...this weekend they also are having the Royal horses - looks wonderful

Old 08-18-2011, 06:46 AM

Default Scavenger hunt in Dover this weekend for $5

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire