Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 05:42 PM

278 posts, read 1,060,529 times

Advertisements

Hello, we are new to the area and hope to find some wonderful antique shops in the area. I'm not really into fine antiques, looking for collections of stuff to sift through on a lazy day.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
~lorilou
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 10:10 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,900,147 times
You can spend an entire day along 'Antique Alley'. You're in Dover, right? Follow Route 4 to the Lee traffic circle, then just watch for the antique shops as you travel west along Route 4. There are shops on both sides of the road, literally dozens and dozens of shops, hundreds of dealers. Antique Alley runs through Lee (western edge), Northwood, Epsom and Chichester. Make a day of it, and have fun Just google NH Antique Alley and I'll bet there is a list somewhere out there that gives details on what each shop specializes in.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:08 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,879,571 times
This state is littered with that sort of thing, there is no escape of it. Rt 1 has all that in your area. Rt 16 does in Ossipee and there after. Wolfboro and Tuftonboro are littered too on Rt 28 abnd Rt 109. In Ossipee every Saturday night year round Wallace Auctions take place Rt 16 for them too.

No tellin what you can get there in lot buys.

Scattered on most any back roads are more such places. Rust church keys and mud marbles to fine art and very expensive articals are common.

Back woods towns like Effingham and or Sandwich have shops. There is a pretty good one in N Sandwich near the corner store there and up a dead end road.

Just get in the car and drive, you can't possibly miss one somewhere.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:39 PM

1,281 posts, read 3,694,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
You can spend an entire day along 'Antique Alley'. You're in Dover, right? Follow Route 4 to the Lee traffic circle, then just watch for the antique shops as you travel west along Route 4. There are shops on both sides of the road, literally dozens and dozens of shops, hundreds of dealers. Antique Alley runs through Lee (western edge), Northwood, Epsom and Chichester. Make a day of it, and have fun Just google NH Antique Alley and I'll bet there is a list somewhere out there that gives details on what each shop specializes in.
My first thoughts exactly Valerie was Antique Alley! gmta

Old 07-18-2011, 09:40 PM

1,281 posts, read 3,694,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
This state is littered with that sort of thing, there is no escape of it. Rt 1 has all that in your area. Rt 16 does in Ossipee and there after. Wolfboro and Tuftonboro are littered too on Rt 28 abnd Rt 109. In Ossipee every Saturday night year round Wallace Auctions take place Rt 16 for them too.

No tellin what you can get there in lot buys.

Scattered on most any back roads are more such places. Rust church keys and mud marbles to fine art and very expensive articals are common.

Back woods towns like Effingham and or Sandwich have shops. There is a pretty good one in N Sandwich near the corner store there and up a dead end road.

Just get in the car and drive, you can't possibly miss one somewhere.
Mac - those aren't the Seacoast area LOL...Antique Alley is much closer for her.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:49 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,879,571 times
I know that, but these places are less than 80 miles away. I did mention Rt 1. Living in Tamworth I don't think of 80 miles one way as much. Just knockin about on my bike with my Bride we can do 300 miles in a day and never leave NH. Don't feel particularly pressed doing that either.

Sooner or later she is bound to come see My Mountains. Might's well grab up junkets then too.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:47 AM

830 posts, read 1,528,324 times
I second - I guess third - antique alley. It is right near where I live. They even have their own website:

New Hampshire's Route 4 Antique Alley - Home Page

Isn't there also an "Antiques Trail" in the seacoast area?

Old 07-26-2011, 11:03 PM

80 posts, read 275,203 times
I a not sure I want to share my sources . Just kidding. The BEST places to go (antique alley is OK but not my favorite). Hands down best place is Sage Farm Antiques - they only open for three days each month, starting on the first Friday of that month, through the following Sunday.Us diehard fans line up at 9:30 on Friday for the 10:00 open. It is a BLAST! Another great place to look is French Door Antiques 780 Portsmouth Ave Greenland, NH. or Apple Tree Cottage Antiques & Home 127 Lafayette Road, North Hampton. and then there is Fiddlesticks 76 Lafayette Rd
Hampton Falls, NH. That should give you a start. Enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire