Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2011, 12:53 PM

2 posts, read 4,342 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are moving to New Hampshire soon (Temple, to be exact). I am a few months into my pregnancy and am on the hunt for a good midwife for my prenatal care and delivery. We don't know anyone in NH who could recommend one.

I've found several names through internet searches and checking with my insurance company, but I really would appreciate some word-of-mouth recommendations to toss in the mix. I'd prefer a midwife but if anyone has a particularly good, compassionate, natural-childbirth-friendly OBGYN, I'll take those recommendations too!

I'm undecided as to where I want to give birth, and because of our location I'm willing to drive pretty far if I like the caregiver.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 04:37 PM

1,239 posts, read 2,009,031 times
The Birth Cottage, LLC | Midwifery & Birth Center | Milford, NH

I know some women that have been happy there. I didn't go myself though so I have no first hand reports.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:29 PM

2 posts, read 4,342 times
Yes, that one is definitely on my list to check out! Thanks.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:44 PM

1,239 posts, read 2,009,031 times
Probably not what you are looking for, but I used Dartmouth Hitchcock in Nashua. All of my appointments were with their midwives, whom I liked very much. Delivery was at Southern NH with a doctor. Only one midwife still does deliveries so chances of getting her are slim.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:49 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,036,022 times
I thought I saw a sign in New Ipswich for some sort of birthing center or something. Didn't pay a lot of attention to it since it's irrelevant to me, but I can ask a friend if she knows anything about it. It's on Turnpike Rd - the hill, just up from Upper/Lower School House Rd.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:43 PM

858 posts, read 1,807,581 times
I went to the Birth Cottage for my last pregnancy and delivered there in a big tub. It was great and a big change from my other hospital deliveries. I didn't want to deliver at home and I lived a few blocks from them. They went home to check on the baby the next 2 days. Adrian was on call when I delivered and was very supportive.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:48 PM

53 posts, read 95,638 times
I delivered my younger son with Ruth Keen in Salem NH but it may be quite a drive for you. She's a Certified Nurse Midwife and doesn't do home births or water births. She is very open to what the mother wants, she is very natural minded, and very helpful with breastfeeding as well. She works alongside Dr Edwards who is also a wonderful doctor, I only saw him once or twice when she was out delivering a baby.

I always said if I ever had another baby I'd go to her, but we're moving south and I can only hope I can find another awesome nurse midwife like her if we ever decide to have #3.

I delivered my son at Holy Family in Methuen, MA because we live right on the border (the hospital was wonderful too).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire