Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2011, 07:56 PM

2 posts, read 18,439 times

Advertisements

I'm working on my photography portfolio and am wondering if anyone can recommend best places to look over the city of Manchester at sunrise and sunset? Here are some examples of what I am hoping to capture...

http://www.photopro44.com/gallery/ma...kyline-800.jpg

http://www.manchnightlife.com/hotels/firebird/logo.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ld...bmneo1_500.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ld...bmneo1_500.jpg

I've been told to visit Rock Rimmon at sunrise and to visit Weston Tower at sunset. The only problem is that I was told Weston Tower is only open a couple weeks for one month of the year. I visited the Manchester website and it does not say anything about this. I emailed the parks and recreation department just to double check, but have not received any response in over a week.

I've also been told to visit the parking garages on Elm St for both sunrise and sunset, but the majority of them belong to apartment buildings and there is always security (gate to prevent cars that don't belong there coming in, only card access to climb the stairs, and then guards watching). Some people have been able to casually pass these and fit in as if they belong there, but when you're carrying your huge camera and heavy tripod that's kind of hard to do, lol.

What do you all think, any other recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 08:42 PM

1,370 posts, read 2,181,145 times
I haven't parked on the top level, so I'm not sure if it's high enough to see above/around the mill building next door, but you might try the new(ish) parking garage at Catholic Medical Center. I believe it's open 24 hours and is free.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:24 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,135,202 times
the Victory Park garage is public. It's on Amherst St. just below Chestnut. You can't park on the top level, but you can walk up.

as far as the Weston tower - it does have great views of Mt. Monadnock, etc.
You can still walk to the observatory, but the access road is closed and the tower itself is locked.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:39 AM

2 posts, read 18,439 times
Thanks for the advice everyone!! I haven't checked the medical center parking garage or the victory park parking garage, but I am going to this week!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire