Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 10:17 AM

2 posts, read 1,667 times

Advertisements

I am currently writing a book and would love to use the town of Bath, however I would like to be as accurate as possible since I am using a real place. I was hoping that anyone with information about the town, the sights, the things to do, distances from major towns would be willing to share that information with me.

Thank for all the help and the time you have taken to read this.

J. Scull
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 10:48 AM

477 posts, read 899,910 times
Have you been there? How did you come up with wanting to use this particular town? Just curious.

I don't live there but work around much of that part of the state. Been there often. I would suggest contacting someone at the town office. Don't be surprised, though if the react a little skeptically. You may have to win them over.

It's a fairly typical old "mill town", with company houses along the river, a dam still generating power, beautiful, rural area.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:16 AM

1,239 posts, read 2,008,793 times
interesting, i had never heard of bath, nh until this post...only bath, maine. apparently it's the covered bridge capital of the world!

Old 08-30-2011, 11:29 AM

6,573 posts, read 6,738,168 times
Contact Ray Burton Bath NH. He's an elected offical who's lived there all his life. His phone & email will come up when you google it. Ray will help you out

Old 08-30-2011, 11:36 AM

477 posts, read 899,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Contact Ray Burton Bath NH. He's an elected offical who's lived there all his life. His phone & email will come up when you google it. Ray will help you out
Excellent suggestion! I should have thought of that. Ray is an Executive Councilor (Governor's Council) in addition to being a County Commissioner. A good man and a public servant in the true definition of the word.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:57 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,738,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHForester View Post
Excellent suggestion! I should have thought of that. Ray is an Executive Councilor (Governor's Council) in addition to being a County Commissioner. A good man and a public servant in the true definition of the word.
Anyone in Ray's district who needs help would be wise to call him up. He gets things done, and he always follows up. Great guy.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:39 PM

2 posts, read 1,667 times
A friend of mine and I were talking about where to live when both of our husbands get out of the Army in two years and we both immediately agreed on New Hampshire. She is from Maine and I am from Michigan. During our research I found the town of Bath and fell in love from pictures only and fully intend on living there when we are done with the military life. I am a writer and she is a teacher and somehow when talking we realized that it would be the perfect setting for a book. I called a photographer I know who lives in Vermont and had her drive over and send me pictures other than the ones that I saw online and it's idyllic. I digress, after realizing how wonderful the town would be as a setting for a book I started writing and found that it is difficult to write about a specific place without knowing all of the ins and outs (we have a trip planned for next month). So I hoped that in posting here that I would be able to get some early preliminary notes about the area and then expand on those when I take my trip next month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
View detailed profiles of: