Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 06:40 AM

142 posts, read 573,773 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,We are finally moving up to Littleton in August. We are looking
to find out if there is a U-haul,Ryder,Hertz Rental trucks in area. Any info
would be appreciated. Also what is a good DSL company to go with
I remember reading in one of the threads their are 3 or 4 in area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 07:31 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,180,389 times
Welcome to the area! You'll have to let me know when you arrive!

When we moved in 2006, the only thing we found with a decent rate from where we were coming from to here was Budget Rental. We rented a...Oh gosh, I can't remember now, but I want to say it was a 28 foot truck with a car carrier/tow thingie and packed the truck, hubby's car, put his car on the tow thingie and packed my car as much as possible and I drove my car. The Budget people at both ends were very good to/with us. I can't honestly say that I have seen an actual U-Haul, Ryder or Hertz rental place right here in Littleton, but I haven't been looking, either... okay, just checked the yellow pages - there is a U-Haul on Cottage Street (603) 444-1266. The Budget number is (603) 837-4021.

We don't use DSL - we have the cable/internet/telephone package through Time-Warner, so I can't help you with the DSL part. I *think* Verizon may have DSL up here, but I think I remember reading they were leaving the area and Fairpoint was coming in....Unfortunately, I didn't pay too much attention as it didn’t effect us

Good luck in your move and have a safe trip!

Old 07-16-2007, 07:39 AM

Thanks Windchimes, We are very excited and can't wait to get up there. We are very happy about leaving Long Island and moving to a MUCH nicer place .

Old 09-04-2007, 05:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,630 times
Default relocating to Littleton-NH: need info about neighborhoods

Hello everybody,

I am considering relocating to Littleton from Brookline, Mass. I just want to be in a quite place, enjoying the White Montains.

Can someone tell me about the actual [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']neighborhoods [/font]of Littleton and immediate surroundings? Is there a neighborhood where you would NOT live and why? Or how do you like your neighborhood and why? Of course my objective is to find the "perfect" neighborhood, and a little home with some land. It does not have to be fancy, but yes it must be safe, welcoming, friendly, etc. These are pre-conditions for a happpy life, wherever we are, and some residents' thoughts would be most welcome.

With sincere thanks,

M.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:24 AM

M - When we first moved here, we rented an old farmhouse about 5 miles from the center of town. We had neighbors, but the only ones we could actually "see" where the one who lived across the road from us. The house had a lot of wooded areas behind it. I loved the town, but wanted to be closer to it and closer to people - hubby, on the other hand, loved the wooded area <g>.

We bought a house on a street that is off Main Street - it's on a dead end - we have neighbors on one side of us and across the street from us, next to us and behind us is wooded, so hubby and I both got what we wanted - I got neighbors, he got woods <g>.

I haven't seen any of what I would call a "bad neighborhood" in terms of crime. There are some burglaries (sp - that doesn't look like I spelled it correctly!), DWI, etc., but nothing on a major scale, especially compared to where we relocated from. There is not a lot of "night life" but we haven't been bored up here yet - we always manage to find something to do. Bethlehem is maybe 10-15 minutes from here - not as many stores (that I can see, anyway), they do have a golf course on the main drag. Lisbon is also just down the road, although I haven't spent much time there.

I like where we live. Our neighbors are friendly, helpful, but not "in your face" friendly and helpful. The people in town are great. Our "old" neighbors at the farmhouse were wonderful, as well. I think we've only met a couple of people who were kinda rude.

I would recommend that you find a rental in the area to see if this area is what you are looking for. Rent for awhile to get a "feel" for Littleton and the surrounding areas, and go from there.

If you have any other questions, feel free to DM me and I'll see if I can answer them or find the answers for you.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roerinaci View Post
Thanks Windchimes, We are very excited and can't wait to get up there. We are very happy about leaving Long Island and moving to a MUCH nicer place .
Hey roerinaci - You get here yet????

Old 09-04-2007, 08:31 AM

Hey Windchimes

Yes I'm finally here and loving it,the neighbors are great the area I'm in I
love. Just haven't been on the forum for I've been doing alot of unpacking and such. Getting my son settled in school that also has been a good expiereance
so far. The teachers and guidance have been very helpful and the kids have
been friendly which was a concern for my son to be able to fit in. So far So
good.
Motherwart check out Lancaster also its very laid back it has a main street
but it's not as built up as Littleton but has more than Bethlehem. These are all good towns another nice town is Lisbon. Well good luck and enjoy searching!!

Old 09-04-2007, 09:01 AM

roerinaci - Welcome to town!

I was happy to see what you wrote about the school, teacher, kids, etc. - it confirms my impression of the school system and the kids up here, which is nice. We've found the majority of the kids to be helpful, courteous and "down to earth" - We had one encounter with some teenagers at the park this winter - we had taken a granddaughter sledding on the hill and a bunch of teens were there using the language that teens do - we asked them to please keep it down and they were very apologetic and more careful with their language around the "young ears." Nice change from the response we probably would have gotten in NY

Anyway - glad you like the area and got up here safely

Old 09-04-2007, 01:08 PM

26,432 posts, read 46,631,998 times
windchimes,
What did you think of the Lancaster fair and the town? Some people have told me that the town has been doing quite well compared to other towns in Coos County. I know a friend who has told me that the county seat towns usually do better than other towns economically. I am moving to NH soon because of a job offer, and am relocating to the south-central part of the state in the Manchester/Concord area. I really like New Hampshire from the visits I have made.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:11 PM

Hi Plains10,

I'm sorry to say we never made it to the fair. Unfortunately we got a little too ambitious with adding insulation to the house and doing a couple of other things around the house and hubby's knee was not in any shape to do any walking. He rested it all day Sunday, hoping we'd be able to go on Monday instead of Sunday, but it still was out of whack.....He went to work today with a knee brace, I have a feeling we'll be looking for an orthopedic surgeon in the very near future..

I have yet to get to Lancaster - but it's on my list - nhyrnut had posted some pictures way back when of the town and from the pics it looks really nice

Congratulations on your job offer and have a safe move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire