Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 02:47 PM

817 posts, read 2,190,611 times

Advertisements

I don't even want any now. It's too late. I'm looking forward to spring now, not even thinking about the snowmobile anymore.

My hubby has been working around MI, MN and WI and they don't have much of any snow either, at least in the southern parts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 02:53 PM

26,435 posts, read 46,684,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Free View Post
I don't even want any now. It's too late. I'm looking forward to spring now, not even thinking about the snowmobile anymore.

My hubby has been working around MI, MN and WI and they don't have much of any snow either, at least in the southern parts.
Sugaring season looks like a complete bust, ski revenue is way down, people making money from snowplowing and maintenance is way down, etc. I'm keeping an eye on invasives in my area again because of the lack of any cold temperatures this winter. So, the only positive to this non-winter is lower heating bill.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:56 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,348,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Free View Post

I was feeling the same way but was afraid that if I spoke the words it would dump on us. This is coming from a plow guy/skier/snow shoeing/winter enthuseist. Just a nice change of pace this year. I'm ready to till the garden.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:21 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,381,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Sugaring season looks like a complete bust, ski revenue is way down, people making money from snowplowing and maintenance is way down, etc. I'm keeping an eye on invasives in my area again because of the lack of any cold temperatures this winter. So, the only positive to this non-winter is lower heating bill.
Not only a low heating bill (which I'm sure means a lot to poor New Englanders) but also not having to shovel, plow, snowblow etc.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:26 PM

26,435 posts, read 46,684,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Not only a low heating bill (which I'm sure means a lot to poor New Englanders) but also not having to shovel, plow, snowblow etc.
I wasn't negating the importance of a lower heating bill for others... As for the other inferred, costs I project my expenses based on "average" winter conditions. Therefore, I'm sure people have additional savings compared to last year. I know some people that have said this is the warmest winter they have ever experienced, and they are in their 70s and 80s...

Old 02-14-2012, 08:24 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,255,096 times
Still hearing sno machines out behind here on a regular basis.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:41 AM

Really? Glad to know someone got to ride this year.

It was nice not having to shovel much, but I'd rather have about 2 feet on the ground from mid-December to April 1st. This southern style winter we're having is just brown and depressing.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:39 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,499,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post

yah, you would be saving money on snow removal unless you spent 1400 bucks in November after the 2 feet of snow in October....

Old 02-15-2012, 07:19 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,047,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris410 View Post
yah, you would be saving money on snow removal unless you spent 1400 bucks in November after the 2 feet of snow in October....
actually, that makes me curious: what happens if you've paid up front for a service/plow guy for the winter and then you only get 1 snow (or none)? do they roll it over to the next winter, refund, or are you out the money and they've done well for not having to do the plowing?

Old 02-16-2012, 04:55 AM

You're SOL and the plow guy had a profitable year. Usually people will only pay $x for each time he needs to plow your driveway. Stores and banks tend to pay by the year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire