Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 11:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrisulfr View Post
By your own addition, your four year old 'inflicts more physical harm' than the acts of sticking a billy club in someone's bike wheel while in motion, and beating him with said club.

I must commend you on your parenting and will be anxious to hear more of the antics of your demon-possessed offspring.
Yeah, let's keep making fun of this guy's comparison comment about his kid ("my grandma can hit harder"... ooo, you must have such an abusive grandparent!!!) and get back on track, instead of dodging questions. I see the spokes, I don't see any beating with billy clubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
a lot of people have cell phones and many cellphones have the ability to video. that's why there is so much 'live' activity caught and posted - everything from store robbery to flash mobs. so it really means that a lot of protesters whipped out their phones to catch the action.
Here's a much longer version of the film, which shows the swarm of cameras (not cell phones) on them within moments, as well as the hysterics and the "stalking" of the officer's home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTL_Ian View Post
It's wrong to use deadly force to serve papers.
Deadly force? Where are the tasers and firearms and rabid K-9s? The bike is still in motion even after the attempted "bump"- the car is left far behind as the bike continues to go, and go slow enough for the guy to give a small chase, stick something into a spoke to stop the bike.

Watch any rerun of COPS or other such shows and see why they often have good reason to give pursuit to anyone that runs- there is usually a legitimate reason. Once they catch them, and hold them down, oh, weapons? Drugs? etc... A danger to the officer and to others. You don't often see the officers taking extreme measures to those that are cooperative and don't jet at the sight of 5-0, because 9 chases out of 10 usually result in them getting apprehended and usually in a rough manner. Rather than go through that, the "smart ones" make a conscious decision to avoid raising the adrenaline and suspicion of the "brutes" and opt for a less violent way of going about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 09:01 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,976,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTL_Ian View Post
Tell that to the over 800,000 people arrested for cannabis in this country.

Just keep repeating to yourself that this isn't a police state...and try to ignore it when your peaceful neighbors are having their home raided for growing a plant to relieve a medical condition.
Weed should be legal. The greedy govts are raking in the dough from the very hefty fines.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:52 AM

2 posts, read 2,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloKoh View Post
The original author failed to mention ??WHY?? Derrick was being served papers by the police? He was being served a non trespass order because he went to the local high school and handed out anti Bearcat (armored personnel carrier) fliers. The police must really need a $250,000 armored personnel carrier paid for by the taxpayers to go to these extremes.
Well passing out fliers to the non-voting age will really help stop it. "But it's to influence the young, impressionable future"... right, but the Bearcat will be there rolling through the streets already. Whether it's this, or any other issue- try putting your efforts out to grown, reasonable, voting members of the community, see how that works out for ya (they probably have, and the results are why they have to hit up the high schools... how about the college crowd?!)

I saw some folks by the post office the other day trying to tell people they shouldn't be filing their taxes... signs looked like they could use some help from the the high schoolers, my 14 year old daughter puts together better looking posters for pep rallies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrisulfr View Post
I suggest using some marijuana for whatever vision issues you are having. I would also advise getting your hearing checked.

It is clear what happened starting at 00:48 in the video, and I stand by what I have said.

Between 0:57 and 0:59 you can CLEARLY see both hands, empty, as the officer comes down on him. The club most likely was left behind with the bike, as it would have snapped on his hand.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:49 PM

257 posts, read 617,944 times
1. The Free Keeners are completely different from the rest of the freestaters. The former tend to do a lot more civil disobedience and "take on the system" type of activism. In my experience, they are more anti-cop than anti-tax or anti-gov like the locals.

2. Most freestaters are simply constitutionalists or fiscal conservatives wanting government off their back, and we have found plenty of company here in the Live Free or Die state. I find plenty of locals who are even more libertarian than I am, and I feel much better living in a state where the majority respects the rights of everyone else.

3. Our home addresses, phone numbers, and other personal info is widely available online and to corporate buyers, though I don't believe that it should be.

4. For my part, I've seen so much corruption and abuse by our criminal courts (knowingly prosecuting innocent victims, for example), police corruption, brutality, and dishonesty that I've given up on trying to reform that whole system. I honestly think that we'd be safer with a shotgun over the door than with the current system that gives sweetheart deals to rapists and burglars while going after peaceful gun owners and pot smokers who harm no one.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:53 PM

Libertarianism - people have a right to be left alone so long as they leave others alone.

Keeniacs - chasing down public employees with cameras because tax money is EVIL!

True?

Old 04-19-2012, 08:43 PM

908 posts, read 1,115,830 times
It's sad some people have the demented view that a bully pulpit for their own sometimes-legit-but-more-often-deranged views about society is the right course of action.

For those saying we have a "police state", some of you really need to get off youtube, read a history book, and get back to me. This country is freer than it has ever been, relatively. Whether you like it or not. Your romanticized view of the Founding Fathers has distorted your ability to do critical thinking.

That is all.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:32 AM

@michael, I'm not sure too many people would agree with you that America is the freest that it's ever been. Congress has eroded so many of our civil liberties under the auspices of the war on terror, war on drugs, war on crime, and just about every other social engineering experiment that the politicos have embarked upon in recent years.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:56 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,660,138 times
Given my normal level of operating paranoia I think I would have noticed if I were living in a "Police State". It has been several weeks since anyone asked for my "papers".

Old 04-20-2012, 07:17 AM

885 posts, read 2,656,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Weed should be legal. The greedy govts are raking in the dough from the very hefty fines.
The greedy govts would rake in far more from taxing it if it was legally sold. Therefore money is not their motivation for keeping it illegal. To me, its the best possible reason for the rest of us to let you smoke what the hell you want - the possibility of lowering my taxes.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:40 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,433,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_atw View Post
It's sad some people have the demented view that a bully pulpit for their own sometimes-legit-but-more-often-deranged views about society is the right course of action.

For those saying we have a "police state", some of you really need to get off youtube, read a history book, and get back to me. This country is freer than it has ever been, relatively.

Well, not really. You need to read a few books too. I do. I can do it all day, every day.

Read this:
The Tax Foundation - U.S. Federal Individual Income Tax Rates History, 1913-2011 (Nominal and Inflation-Adjusted Brackets) (http://www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/151.htmlU.S - broken link)

The marginal tax rate for those earning (adjusted for inflation) less that $453,000 in 1913 was ONE percent. Just because the Federal Government doesn't use guns (well, they can), does NOT mean we aren't living in a police state where they can take whatever amount of hard-earned income they want. Want to pay my 35% bracket, plus all the other taxes? The government realized over time, 'Hey, this is a really easy way to get lots of money'. And it is not voluntary, to the citizens.

Where is a selective tax when you need it? (i.e. pay for what you use/want)?

Whether you like it or not. Your romanticized view of the Founding Fathers has distorted your ability to do critical thinking.

And I think that Thomas Jefferson is rolling over in his grave.

That is all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire