Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 03:33 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,826,524 times

Advertisements

I'm a 35 year old single guy seeking to relocate to Dover, NH. I can't seem to find any apartment complexes online in Dover. I saw Beechstone apartments, but I noticed they get bad reviews? Basically, I'm looking for a 1 bed/1 bath for around $900 a month. Schools are not important right now, but I'd like to live someplace safe and quiet.

Also, it is possible since I've been up there so many times and I'm confident that I want to buy something in the area, is it possible to find a 2 bed/1.5 bath house (single family preferred or townhouse if necessary) for $125k? Saw an area called Fieldstone Estates, seemed nice and in my price range.

Finally, what is the singles scene in the Dover area? I realize there is UNH nearby, but I am more interested in the 25-35 range. I am single and interested in settling down in southern NH. Just curious- thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 06:34 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,025,900 times
Check out Sawyer Mill apartments. It's an old mill bldg converted into apts. I like it here.
Single scene.. Hmm... You go to Portsmouth.. Not too sure about what's in Dover for that..

Old 04-10-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Check out Sawyer Mill apartments. It's an old mill bldg converted into apts. I like it here.
Single scene.. Hmm... You go to Portsmouth.. Not too sure about what's in Dover for that..
Seems like a nice place. Can't find prices on the website. I'd live there.

I know Dover is not a hot spot for singles, but how is the southern NH area for a single guy?

Old 04-10-2012, 11:27 PM

1,282 posts, read 3,704,831 times
check fosters.com for apartments - tons of them in Dover or the area.

Beechstone is in Portsmouth not Dover.

Single scene - tons of different things to do and get involved in - really too general of a question - and UNH is not just under 25 - many non-traditional students. Many other community colleges in the area too - plus as someone else said - go to Portsmouth as well.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:09 PM

63 posts, read 187,709 times
Hi Vintage,

Probably the best source for rental listings is craigslist.org (and this is coming from a realtor).
When I have property for rent, that's where it goes.

You can purchase a condo in Dover for 125k if that is what you are looking for also...Up to you. Doing a quick search on the MLS I see 19 active listings priced between $80k and $135k.

As for the singles scene, Ill let the unmarried among us address that one..

Old 04-12-2012, 11:31 AM

Looked at those 19 listings- wow. There really isn't much up there in that price range. I have seen a few lower priced units, but they all seem to have electric heat/oil/K1 or something else that offsets why the cost is low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire