Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 07:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,856 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am desperatly seeking a lyme doctor who will test with the Western Blot & send labs to California. This I feel is most acurrate but I cannot find a doctor who does this.
I have spent the last 7 years dealing with "illness" and most of my symptoms look to be lyme related. In these 7 years I have only been tested once and it came back negative, that was in the very beginning and I do not know what test was used. Since then I have debeloped arthritic symptoms and an know activly taking action to hopfully get my life back.
Please, any recommendations in the Derry/Londonderry or surrounding areas within a 30 min drive. would be graetly appreciated.

(To Greg, thank you for responding to my daughters request for a lyme doctor, I called them and they said they do not do western blot, just that they run the standard blood test. Thank you very much for your response. She is activly helping me to stop this, bless her heart.)

Thank you,
Leah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 08:08 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,946,618 times
Unfortunately, due to CDC/IDSA (Infectious Diseases Society of America) guidelines, the ILISA is still the first (and sometimes only) test ordered by general practitioners or non-LLMDs. Because Lyme-literate doctors are targeted by insurance companies, I won't share names on a public forum. I'll send info by DM instead.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:17 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I had the symptoms as well and a negative test. We agreed to load me up with antibiotics for quite a while and the symptoms went away. I still do not know if I had Lyme Disease or not but whatever I had, along with every other minor infection, went away.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:50 AM

2 posts, read 4,954 times
Greg/Valerie,
I too am seeking a LLMD in the Derry/Londonderry area. I have been suffering from what seems to be lyme related symptoms for 9 years. I have had two standard ILISA/ELISA? test that came back negative. My current doctor put me on prilosec ands says its gastro. I am in a fog with muscle pain all over, headaches, my speech is sometimes off. If there is a test I have had it, nothing has come back positive.I have been on a merry go round and cannot find a doctor to test me with western blot.
I am also seeking a Pediatric LLMD for my daughter, she is two. We found a tick in her room over a year ago. Not sure if she was bitten but she seems to be off..Thats the only way I can explain it.. She too little to explain but has been complaining of knee pain.

Thank you in advance.
Micheal

Old 07-08-2013, 05:51 PM

Hi Michael. I'm sorry to hear that both you and your daughter have been going through what may be classic Lyme disease--it doesn't always have a bulls eye rash, it doesn't always cause knee pain, and the fact that you had 2 negative ELISA tests means nothing--you need the Western Lyme Blot to check for protein bands that are specific to Lyme Disease. I'm sending you a private message with contact information for someone who may be very helpful for you, and wish you all the best!

Old 07-08-2013, 07:26 PM

2 posts, read 4,954 times
Valerie, Hi!
I was so thrilled when I logged on tonight to see you had commented! Wonderful! Although, I dont have any messages, I looked around in Direct Messages and only see the one I sent you initially. Would you mind resending info or you can message me directly at michealf1880@yahoo.com

Thank you,
Mike

Old 07-08-2013, 08:49 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,361,632 times
Some thought provoking info on lyme:

Under Our Skin - YouTube In the 1970s, a mysterious and deadly illness began infecting children in a small town in Connecticut.

VVH-TV News Special Report on PLUM ISLAND - YouTube

Where Lyme disease is thought to have originated: Lab 257: The Disturbing Story of the Government's Secret Germ Laboratory by Michael Christopher Carroll - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

Good Luck to you....
Gemstone1

Old 07-09-2013, 04:08 AM

333 posts, read 1,991,582 times
It's sad that this is still happening. It's sad that things haven't changed much since I had it. I had Lyme disease years ago and it was horrible. I found a good llmd who saved my life and I have been good! There is hope. Unfortunately I passed it to my daughter while pregnant even with antibiotics. She had all sorts of issues show up at the age of two. But again, found a good llmd and she is also fine now. She was CDC positive and I was not. I had always heard that the western blot isn't necessarily accurate and it's the blood test sent to the appropriate lab that is...but things could have changed.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:36 AM

It is horrible that after all these years, people are STILL unable to get proper testing from their trusted family doctors, and that our LLMDs are STILL being targeted by insurance companies, and that the CDC is STILL recommending testing/treatment that just doesn't work....

I highly recommend watching Under Our Skin, in full and without skipping through it. Pop it open to full screen, and watch when you can give it your full attention, not 5 minutes here and 10 minutes there, and not when you are multi-tasking.

I've seen the movie a couple of times, both in a public (library) setting, and what you miss when watching it solo is the Question & Answer session that usually follows a viewing, and the feeling that you are not going through this alone. Lyme is a very isolating disease that separates the patient from their family, friends and classmates, and sometimes just being able to talk with other people who are going through this is helpful. I was the caregiver, not the patient, and I found it very helpful.

For anyone who may be interested, the Greater Manchester Lyme Support Group meets monthly at the First Congregational Church, 508 Union Street, Manchester. The next meeting is Wednesday July 17th at 7pm.

http://home.comcast.net/~runagain/site/

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...WS12/705119991

Last edited by Valerie C; 07-09-2013 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: added a couple of links
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire