Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2007, 12:31 PM

562 posts, read 662,082 times

Advertisements

We're coming to New Hampshire on a reconnaissance trip in March of 2008. To those who have been living there a while.... What is the weather like in March? Still with heavier jackets, or would fleece be ok or maybe sweaters? I can remember winter coats going away sometime in February/March or so but it's been a long time. Where's the best airport in southern NH, and are there any places to rent a mini van? Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 12:40 PM

176 posts, read 1,147,772 times
March is the beginning of mud season. So, if you plan on doing any hiking, make sure you bring good hiking boots. March can be a funny month. You can get some warm days but for the most part it's still cool. You'll need to pack for cold nights and cool or warm days. The best airport in NH is Manchester - Boston Regional Airport in Manchester, NH. You should be able to rent a vehicle from the airport.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:03 PM

Don't plan on any hiking, just driving around a lot looking at towns. This is more of a 'business' trip. All business, looking at communities, and seeing who lives where, and how well kept their homes are etc. so we have a good idea where we want to live later. Thanks for the info.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:26 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,971,731 times
Hey Torrey
I should already know this from your posts, but what area are you leaning toward? I know it's months away, but let us all know. If I can help at all with places to stay, eat, etc let me know. I know the southern tier of NH best (as far west as Amherst, as far north as Concord) out to the seacoast area.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:06 PM

Thanks Valerie. We will be looking all along the southern part of NH. I know that's a lot of real estate, but well, after living in Texas, it's just a little jaunt around the countryside in comparison to Texas. We will start far right near Exeter, Portsmouth and work west to Keene and surrounding areas to the north and south of that swath of land

You can drop me an email at kiteoceaneering@yahoo.com. I can check that email address even when away from home on work assignments. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Yac; 09-20-2007 at 04:57 AM.. Reason: calm down

Old 09-19-2007, 09:44 PM

132 posts, read 351,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
Where's the best airport in southern NH, and are there any places to rent a mini van? Thanks!

Hi Torrey, I've been checking into going to NH and we booked our trip in Feb., so I'll tell you what I found. Manchester is the best airport. There is a small one in Portsmouth (I believe), but I think the only commercial line in/out is sky bus. They offer 10 $10 seats per flight but they go fast. There flights also have to depart or arrive in Columbus OH...alot to explain...check their site for all the restrictions and info. They are only booking to March 6th (maybe 7th) so you may be able to get lucky and get a $10 seat when they open later booking?? My money is on Manchester though. The airport in Boston is horrible to get in/out of!! As for minivan rentals. Reserve now while the prices are lower. You can always change your reservation if it happens to go down. Go to the Manchester airport website Manchester Boston Regional Airport: Rental Information (http://www.flymanchester.com/transportation/rental.php - broken link) and check rates for every rental company. I found a huge difference in prices. $289 a week to $600+ a week!
I have more info on being a thrifty traveller if you want it. I'm not sure what I'm allowed to divulge on here and I don't want to get in trouble or take up too much of your time if you're not interested. If you want to know more you can email me at kelleybell00@bellsouth.net (those are zeros not the letter o) since you've had your hands slapped and can't pm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire