Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2012, 12:51 PM

24 posts, read 90,762 times

Advertisements

Hello all--
We are moving to Derry at the end of June and I need to do the dreaded search for new doctors, dentists, orthos, etc. I'm looking for a practice that has convenient hours, more than one doctor and is in Derry or within 10 minutes or so. I'll gladly take names; I can figure out if they take my insurance after. If anyone has specific recommendations, please take a moment and let me know why you like the practice. We've been with the same pediatrician for 10 years here in northern VA and am sad to leave them.
Many thanks in advance for any help/guidance/recommendations!
Michele
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 06:48 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Londonderry Family Practice located on Tseneito (sp?) Road in Derry.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:35 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,138,851 times
Tsienneto Road. (Sha-Na-Do) Tsienneto was the name of the fairy that saved the life of Hannah Dustin from sure death from the indians....chuckle. Little Hannah ran from Hood Commons down Tsienneto Rd. to North Shore Rd on Beaver Lake following the guiding light of the fairy. She sought refuge in the Inn (first house on the left and the oldest house in Derry).

I found this interesting tidbit in a book of NH History. That Hannah Dustin sure got around for a girl of colonial times.......

Last edited by buck naked; 05-23-2012 at 02:48 PM..

Old 05-29-2012, 09:02 AM

Thank you for the recommendations--and the historical tidbit! :-)

Old 05-30-2012, 05:28 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,447,891 times
I do not want to sound too negative (and it has been quite a while since I visited/frequented the area, as I rarely visit the houses there), but having an SO that was a medical executive all over in Merrimack Valley (the nickname was 'Death Valley'), we made sure to live in a town that had MedFlight to Boston. It's been a while, and perhaps it has changed, but I can make several recommendations for docs... through DM only.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:25 AM

3 posts, read 3,022 times
I live in Derry and take my son to Londonderry Pediatrics. They have been absolutely fantastic so far - very accommodating and quick to return a phone call. We've been seen by all of the doctors in the practice and they are all very kind and knowledgable.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:17 AM

Hi all--
Thanks for your input. I called Londonderry Peds today and spoke to the receptionist. She seemed really nice and helpful; when I mentioned we had moved from VA, we discovered we had lived about 5 minutes from each other there! Good omen, I suppose!

Old 07-23-2012, 10:33 PM

196 posts, read 276,062 times
I take my kids and my DH to Elliot Primary Care in Londonderry. I am SUPER picky about pediatricians, I have 3 small children and no time for drama. I can tell you our dr's name if you want to send me DM. He takes kids and adults and "I" think he is pretty good. My oldest is 4 and this one is our 4th pediatrician....so I have something to compare him to.

BTW, in my experience, more times than not, you can't really judge a dr by his staff. I've had way too many instances where staff was pretty terrible, but dr was incredible and vice versa.

Good luck with whoever you choose!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire