Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 05:14 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,047,572 times

Advertisements

Merrimack Premium Outlets opens tomorrow:

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/...k-premium.html

The long and winding road: Merrimack Premium Outlets set to open Thursday, but the project dates back 8 years

MERRIMACK – Much like the countless hours of rehearsal that go into preparation for opening night of a Broadway play, the Merrimack Premium Outlets shopping center is ready for its debut Thursday morning.

At least that’s what the mall’s general manager, Elaine Devine, likened the beginning of the four-day grand opening celebration to. Nearly eight years in the making, the new shopping center will open its doors at 9 a.m. Thursday, with festivities running until Sunday evening.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I admit even though they are outlets, I'd be interested in some of those stores (Cole Haan, Michael Kors, DKNY, Bloomingdales, etc.).

Last edited by vter; 06-13-2012 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: copied whole article-only post a snippet and the link please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 01:55 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,694,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
Merrimack Premium Outlets opens tomorrow:

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/...k-premium.html

The long and winding road: Merrimack Premium Outlets set to open Thursday, but the project dates back 8 years

MERRIMACK – Much like the countless hours of rehearsal that go into preparation for opening night of a Broadway play, the Merrimack Premium Outlets shopping center is ready for its debut Thursday morning.

At least that’s what the mall’s general manager, Elaine Devine, likened the beginning of the four-day grand opening celebration to. Nearly eight years in the making, the new shopping center will open its doors at 9 a.m. Thursday, with festivities running until Sunday evening.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I admit even though they are outlets, I'd be interested in some of those stores (Cole Haan, Michael Kors, DKNY, Bloomingdales, etc.).

Me to! I work for Gap Factory store and our company is opening another outlet there. These stores have been very popular.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:07 PM

70 posts, read 166,031 times
I just got back from my first visit. That place is packed! The set-up was beautiful and the weather was great - they even had a live band playing.

I'm so glad we have something like this in the area now. Between the Salem mall and this, I'll never have to go to Burlington again!

Old 06-16-2012, 05:59 AM

2,941 posts, read 5,182,436 times
Just noticed ads on websites recently , and I think Boston TV commercials. Wasn't aware of this. I guess it's a good thing for the area for most folks?

Old 06-16-2012, 08:22 PM

I visited today, and was quite impressed. It was nice finding Jimmy Choo and Prada shoes in my size.

I like the open concept, and think it's fitting for summer. I do, however, wonder how they'll maintain it throughout the winter...?

Old 06-16-2012, 10:29 PM

123 posts, read 247,594 times
When do you think the Outlets in Tilton will go out of business.....or at least turn into Dollar Stores and the such?

Old 06-17-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Martia View Post
When do you think the Outlets in Tilton will go out of business.....or at least turn into Dollar Stores and the such?
While it would likely lose customers from southern NH; I wouldn't expect it to go out of business. I imagine it's main targets are tourists of the Lakes Region, and it can still cater to that, since the outlets are far enough away from each other.

I would anticipate the Merrimack Premium Outlet would cater to the southern NH crowd, and even northern MA. While Mall of NH, Burlington Mall in MA, Pheasant Lane Mall, and the Mall at Rockingham Park would lose some business from NH shoppers, they still offer a few stores and/or restaurants that aren't part of the Outlet. Burlington still has Boston area shoppers; Mall of NH and Pheasant Lane cater to a different demographic; The Mall at Rockingham Park, while leaning more toward higher end with the Lord and Taylor addition, still has a slightly different demographic, and can still cater to residents on that side of the Merrimack River.

In other words, while these local businesses would take a hit, there still should be enough options to go around. I won't speak for everyone, but being the shopper that I am, I have no problem continuing to shop at any of these other places if I so choose.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:46 PM

6,569 posts, read 6,732,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Martia View Post
Exit 20, where the Tilton outlet mall is located, is thriving, as is most of the Lakes Region, as more & more baby boomrs retire in the area. The outlet mall itself is full, and the Walmart is being rebuilt into a super Walmart. Aside from the tourists who pass through Exit 20 on their way to lake Winni the outlet mall in Tilton is full with car plates from VT & even Quebec on most days. The mall is not going anyplace.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:46 AM

489 posts, read 963,552 times
We live in Sunapee, and frequent the outlet mall in Tilton. Tonight we are heading to check out this new outlet mall. If it is as great as early reports indicate, we'll add it to our shopping options. We wouldn't pick one over the other.

-Mike

Old 07-01-2012, 05:48 AM

16 posts, read 22,378 times
Thumbs down It's a stinker

WAY overpriced for NH, no threat to the Tilton mall, in variety or price. Probably more profitable as office space. Additionally, they seemed to have done nothing to take advantage of the view and make it a destination for the view alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire