Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 06:49 PM

70 posts, read 166,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
That's sad to hear about Las Vegas. I guess the influence of nearby L.A., which I hear is a graffiti jungle, doesn't help. My only visit to L.A. in '88 appalled me with all the graffiti way back then; of course it's much worse now and will be years from now....
I lived in Los Angeles for 5 years and have been to Vegas dozens of times and I don't remember seeing any graffiti. I'm sure there was plenty of graffiti in downtown Los Angeles, but I was always too busy checking out the cool buildings or talking to friends about our plans to notice. I suggest you focus on the positive aspects of your surroundings. There are much more important things we should be doing with our tax dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 05:48 AM

221 posts, read 484,021 times
I don't see it very often up here other than few bridges and trains. Most are just what they call 'bombing' and tagging their gang affiliated if not whatever 'art' they feel they want to leave behind like a signature. Most are ugly IMO; as much as in my teenage years I was very interested in the art itself.

Plus graffiti art for the most part is related to hip hop culture and in NH such music isn't big at all in comparison to other music. I guess it's a good thing. It really is trashy; graffiti has its place and when done right legally it can become a creative. But not when kids with couple spray cans to deface someone's property, it's wrong.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:22 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,413,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Live Free or Die !

Many metro areas in other states restrict the sale of spray paint. Adults only. All spray paiint behind glass and locked.

Pass a state law to restrict the sale of spray paint. Simple enough. But:

NH is the Live Free or Die state. NH folks do not like big government dictating behavior. Oh, the horror of big government passing a law restricting the sale of spray paint.

This is one answer. Not the entire solution. As kids will take Mom's/Dad's spray paint and do such. But restricting sale would help.

I can hear the anti-big government folks screaming now. Live Free or Die !
I think you could do better by restricting the flow from MA

Old 12-30-2015, 02:48 PM

1 posts, read 661 times
They must be doing it late at night ,because nobody can sees this idiot hanging out on an I beam spray painting murals the size of a freakin billboard.Police must know whose responsible, shouldnt there be some type of survelliance.Find them, then fine them, and make them remove it with some dangerous life altering paint removal chemical !!!!!!!!

Old 01-04-2016, 08:21 AM

571 posts, read 1,318,163 times
Nashua is very good about taking care of graffiti as soon as it appears. However, there is an iron RR bridge over Ste 3 (Everette Turnpike) that has graffiti going back years, probably decades. It is not city property so that is most likely why it has not been covered up.
Downtown Nashua has some murals on the sides of buildings and I don't they have suffered.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:38 AM

111 posts, read 118,463 times
I agree with OP and too was saddened. When we were here 3 years ago we did not notice much. Driving around Manchester is worse. It really sickens me when natural things are defaced. All the awesome rock formations that I love to look at are majorly defaced around that area.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:39 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,208,126 times
just about every larger American city 50,000+ people has some sort of graffiti. get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire