Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2012, 03:56 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,543,572 times

Advertisements

Well we'll get to the que a little later..I wanted to do some back road bombing today, so after getting off 101 West we headed down 13 south and on to Mason road. Stopped at this camp owned covered bridge first

Just big enough for the bike

a sprite older gent offered to snap off a pic of us together

It was about 9:00 am by then and I was hungry , so we pulled into Parkers Maple barn for a delicious and filling breakfast.. if you leave Parkers hungry, then you didn't order anything

Outside the Harleys were in full bloom

I liked this tasty dresser..mmm mmm

Maple buckets waiting to be put back to work..next year guys

We rode through Mason and did a stop in Greenville by the factory

In Temple sits this 257 year old inn

Saw this in Jaffrey

Decided to swing by Cathedral in the Pines, but first a stop at Rindge Center

Strolling the grounds and contemplating.. Cathedral Pines

Route 124 heading towards Marlborough

Ok now the Que.. Holy Smokes is a seasonal roadside deal, and as such they are a little pricey due to well, having to make a profit and never knowing what the day will bring customer wise.. I do hope they get settled into a year round location because folks..this is GOOD QUE.. finally someone other then my beloved Goody Coles knows how to do pulled pork RIGHT!

The meat was smoked, sweet. moist and nicely seasoned.. anyone can drown poor que with sauce.. this stands on it's own merits.. the secret I guess is this que, like Goodys is Texas style rather then Carolina.

I tried one of the ribs too, it was messy and good..what more can a bbq loving old dude like me ask for?

We swung through Harrisville on the way back home.. I just like this little town

There is a cool tunnel that takes you under 101 near the Baboosic lake barn, it is used as a passage way for sledders to the hill on the other side.. Linda got this weird shot of me in it

Great day, great riding, great weather, great food.. can't ask or be thankful for much more then that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 05:02 PM

1,239 posts, read 2,008,451 times
Dave - thanks for the review!! We are about to undergo a massive renovation at our house and I'm looking for day trips. This will be one of my first! Plus, I've been wanting to check out Unbridled Chocolates which is also in Marlborough.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:58 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,034,225 times
nice! Question about Parkers: I've been hearing mixed things lately - like it was ok, as well as it's not what it was and simply overpriced. While they serve a lot of food, how was it? We're planning on taking a BiL there later this week.

also, just a minor nit: not really factories in Greenville, but they do a lot of hydro-electric power. there is a factory of sort (up for sale) called SeaBreeze that has it's own hydro plant over on Mill Rd. looks pretty modern from the outside.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:57 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,543,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
nice! Question about Parkers: I've been hearing mixed things lately - like it was ok, as well as it's not what it was and simply overpriced. While they serve a lot of food, how was it? We're planning on taking a BiL there later this week.

also, just a minor nit: not really factories in Greenville, but they do a lot of hydro-electric power. there is a factory of sort (up for sale) called SeaBreeze that has it's own hydro plant over on Mill Rd. looks pretty modern from the outside.
mmm..it was my understanding that those buildings were once working factories, hence my referring to them as such, much like Harrisville. As to Parkers... I am sure most know by now I am picky about food, I don't mind spending money as long as I am satisfied.. I left Parkers satisfied. I paid a 2.00 premium over the standard two egg/ham/sausage/homefries and toast for the privilege of having the house made corned beef hash, and that was two bucks well spent..minor pick... I wished the homefries were as homey.

Still, I walked out full and happy, relaxed and yet ready to explore..

Old 07-09-2012, 06:54 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,034,225 times
good to know. yes, I know you are picky about food - that's why I wanted your opinion if Parkers was indeed up to par! It's always been known as a little on the pricey side (but not as pricey as Pickety Place!)

Greenville is kinda of a cute (for blue collar in this economy) place, esp for a town with only 1100 people! I find it fascinating how they've crammed everyone into the town center.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:42 AM

1,239 posts, read 2,008,451 times
I like Parkers too. I think their pumpkin pancakes are very good, as well as their ham. And if I'm feeling really bad, I get a maple frappe.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:51 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
I expect to be riding the back roads to Keene this weekend. Anything to avoid the Nascar infestation in central NH.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:21 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,945,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I expect to be riding the back roads to Keene this weekend. Anything to avoid the Nascar infestation in central NH.
Greg, if you're looking for a ride, maybe you'd like to join up with the Ride for Bella

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-h...l#post25132252

It's a GREAT cause, and rides out to the seacoast, well away from the mess in the Loudon area...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire