Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 03:29 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,699,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Too bad I didn't know you in the early 80's when I was plowing a Route.... it was legal then to have a open beer too! One could not be drunk however..

I would have taken you for one hell ride and yelled Here! Hold this! (the beer) You would have been fine, since i am still here wastin air on this side of the grass.. I never did hit anything plowin' that way, but I did break a driveshaft once.

LOL! Kind of hard to imagine. I remember a friends father driving around with a beer in his car when we went to look at horses for sale..... Every once in awhile I think I will try and drink a wine cooler in the car on the way home from work then I realize I must be CRAZY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 03:32 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Don't do it in this age..... Just too much risk....... back then was back then and back then ain't eva' comin back.... it was legal then and like most things a few had to be bad apples and ruin it for all.

I can't say the last time i was hammered, as it has been more than 3 decades.....

Old 07-27-2012, 04:42 PM

497 posts, read 953,207 times
Quote:
Woods walker? NewNHguy? Madison? techie? You must be up to Profile... I am old but am a x techie Volvo, VW, etc.... in Tamworth... Just sayin hi! mac

ps: I have been known to wear out more than a few mocs...
woods walker-yes.

madison-yes.

Profile Motors, -no.

Techie....not so much...wrench turnin' knuckle bruiser since '85. Back when I worked for Benz they referred to me a a 'tech'...

I'm old school, fiddy years young and lovin NH

and hello to you sir!

Old 07-27-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNHguy View Post
woods walker-yes.

madison-yes.

Profile Motors, -no.

Techie....not so much...wrench turnin' knuckle bruiser since '85. Back when I worked for Benz they referred to me a a 'tech'...

I'm old school, fiddy years young and lovin NH

and hello to you sir!
I was getting out as you were getting in.... Presidential Mtrs, Import Tech, and was called a mechanic.. Lots of other places in other states too......

In the autos room here is a thread of mechanics stories and tall tales, see if if you have not..

I am 60.... but young for my age...

Any chance you also ride a motorcycle? Maybe one day we can meet up over a coffee. My wife and I did that one day and didn't come back for 10 months... We won't do that to you ...

Old 07-27-2012, 06:07 PM

Motor bike?

Years ag, I had a dillie of a Kawasaki 750.

Put many many miles over many many years!

Bike-less now, but looking [but not hard] for a mid powered enduro style ride, for not alot of denero's,

Old 07-27-2012, 06:12 PM

enduro or duel sport? man you act like your older than me, but then would go pound out what's left of yer knees in the dirt! I get confused easy..... i am warning you!

kawii Nomad here a soft ridin old mans bike.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:45 PM

Simple as, my roads into 'civilization' are all compact dirt and gravel. Eidelwiess are is funny that way.
looking for an off/on road that can handle both the gravel and Conway's pavement. Ya know, for trips to run quick errands, trips to the CCFG to shoot, or even a cruise just to blow out the cobwebs.

When I rode, we called them enduro's.
I'll find one, about 400-650 cc's, just enough to be quick, but nimble.

Hey, PM me so we don't steal this poor posters thread.....sorry OP.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:47 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,449,469 times
Not to hijack this thread, so only a couple of comments (or I can DM).

Quote:
SS I will be 61 in Nov coming... I have a trashed back and a small wallet, so I am on the use it or loose it plan... I hate the hard work because it hurts. I hate sitting in a chair messin on the pc because it hurts, but if i don't do one then I won't be able to do the other... get it?

Ok, you have almost a couple of decades on me... I think that means I am falling apart faster than you are.

I don't miss much and i get everything I want sooner or later.. Like wintah' I like wintah' and it ios on the way! The other day i found a red maple leaf, a type of tree, that dropped a red maple leaf, a type of leaf and this one was bright red!

Crimson King maple, I would assume. Planted one or two of them back at the houses in the states. The trees get huge.... will find out in the fall.
I miss wintah' too, a lot, as the average temperature here is in the 80's, and a zillion percent humidity, as it is near the equator.

I can't afford maple syrup,. so I just make it.....

Wow... that is a lot of labor... I was only 'enlisted' once to help in the sugar shack... 40:1 boil-down ratio, and a big pile of oak cordwood for the heat.

Electronics sometimes go missing a long time, but sooner or later I have them..... I have a love/hate thing with gizzmos.

Even though I am not an Apple fan, the IPhone 4S, which has full data services and GPS, is quite impressive. You don't really need to use the keyboard, (the SO's daughter just got one) as it has superb voice recognition, and you just talk to it (and it talks back). If it doesn't know the answer to something, it hits the web and goes and finds it.

Kara I hope we have a winter! The last one doesn't count.... But I am no man made warmist on the other hand... I recall wintah' 1980 something that was snowless, and on 35 mm slides I have pics to prove it, as my brother and I headed up the Lowes path for New Years Eve.

I have more than 40 NYE's and Presidents day 10 day stays up there in Wintah', and hope for more....

One of these days I gotta get the old slides onto a CD somehow... Somehow cheap! I have a shot of Jaccob's ladder the cog tracks in dead winter from over to Mt Jefferson way that makes it look like a toy train set.

Slides (35mm) to CD (well DVD) is easily accomplished with one of the Nikon Coolscan copiers... Pick up a used one, do the transfers, (load the trays and then it does all the work, and just let it run) and then you can re-sell it for what you paid for it. I did about 10,000 slides from my parent's estate. A 2TB hard drive is only about $120, and then it is easy to transfer to DVD.

This pic is at feb 1999 dustin my brother into the 4 winds.... on jefferson.... These have to be taken with film camera's since the cold kills batterys quickly. The train set has a near to like cloud set up coming in from the right (west) but alas is on a slide still.... I have 1,000's..

I like lanc a lot too......
Back to our regularly scheduled thread...

Old 07-29-2012, 01:01 PM

LOL SS , naw plain old swamp red maple, they are everywhere and not real good for tapping, and worse for around horses.

very cool info on the dvd to slides though, but i need more help that that. I will use that to start with though.

Sugarin is plain watchin grass grow sort stuff... My rig is very small and on skis. It's easier to move the rig to a wood pile than it is to move the wood pile to the rig. However last seasons sap was small and of poor quality, made less than 3 gallons over all and that's real bad.

I hope this wintah' is a lot harsher colder with more wicked blows from montreal that the last ....... man a montreal express roars thru and you know thar's weatha'! I go out and shake sticks in the wind, swearing in quassi French!

Old 08-01-2012, 12:02 PM

64 posts, read 128,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNHguy View Post
Simple as, my roads into 'civilization' are all compact dirt and gravel. Eidelwiess are is funny that way.
looking for an off/on road that can handle both the gravel and Conway's pavement. Ya know, for trips to run quick errands, trips to the CCFG to shoot, or even a cruise just to blow out the cobwebs.

When I rode, we called them enduro's.
I'll find one, about 400-650 cc's, just enough to be quick, but nimble.

Hey, PM me so we don't steal this poor posters thread.....sorry OP.
No harm done!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire