Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 03:25 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Not if you keep yer bee's wax yers' But i sort of agree.... My wife invited 3 wise men home once, and i had no choice but to place them back in their vehical and send them down the mountain.

In my home i will not suffer interrogations. The whole thing was more ammusing than I had ever guessed, but then I never imaging guests would pull such a stunt.

These wise men evidently worshipped somethi9ng other than the sect of their God since the ,45 ACP seemed to demand another..... I just love when that happens.

Agree

Old 07-27-2012, 04:08 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,544,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Ditto on that one!

Personally I hope he moves here as soon as possible.. won't you join me in welcoming him in the name of tolerance and diversity?

Old 07-27-2012, 05:10 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
My rub is that when people discuss taxes in NH, they usually portray things as being much rosier than they really are. You are pretty even keeled and depict it for what it is. A large number of people appear to have no inkling that even though NH has no sales and income tax, a lot of NH residents are no better off tax-wise than they would be if they lived in a state with sales and income tax. I bought into the whole "no sales and income tax" thing myself until very recently. I was stunned to learn I'd only see a minor improvement going from SoCal to a SeaCoast town with good schools...assuming I keep the same standard of home and don't downsize.
Do more research. The lowest tax rate town in one of the best school districts is Tuftonboro (Governor Wentworth Regional). Moultonboro would also work (Moultonboro Academy). Both towns are a further drive to where a good selection of jobs are, though.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:53 PM

1,935 posts, read 4,777,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
yes, there was a time (can't remember roughly when - but within my parents' lifetime) when the two parties' values pretty much flipped! what were Republican values became Democratic values and vice versa. And since there are people who hold to the original concepts instead of the current mucking about, it's almost better to use conservative vs liberal concepts rather than party names. Personally, I'd like to see both parties flushed and things have to start over! it's way too divisive.
Interesting that you say that. Actually, George Washington was the original staunch opponent of a two-party political system. When the Founding Fathers thought of establishing that as a way to maintain balance, Washington gave it two thumbs down on the grounds that it'd divide the country, with half siding with one party and half siding with the other, and many of the voters voting for their party's front-runner not so much because they want that person to win the election but more because they don't want the other party's person to win. Heaven knows, that's why I voted for McCain. He wasn't my real first choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck naked View Post
Quite a shame, I say... given that we have the time and the ability to make the RIGHT choice. Just because some people disagree with me and don't want to hear what I have to say doesn't make me wrong nor an undesirable neighbor. There will come a time when people who've been "my detractors" on City-Data will be standing in front of the Lord Himself and He will ask them why they refused to listen to His servant RomaniGypsy.

actually, when you try to impose your bigoted views on others, you do become an undesirable neighbor.

Maybe YOU'll be standing in front of Allah and begging forgiveness for your ignorance. People are free to practice whatever they believe. All religions are correct or all religions are not. Go preach somewhere else.
If bigotry is defined as being against a certain group of people due to not liking something about that group, you are also displaying bigotry by that same definition as you would want to shoo away (or avoid) Christians. I really find it amusing when people talk of bigotry... because those who do are actually the most bigoted people out there just as those who talk of racism are the most racist people out there. Ah, someday we'll learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
trouble is abortion has nothing to do with a womans body but rather anothers ( the childs ) body.. a woman made her choice when she chose an activity that could get her pregnant.. abortion is not choice.. it is murder
I'd rep you for pretty much every comment you post, if I could. You rock.

Quote:
Personally I hope he moves here as soon as possible.. won't you join me in welcoming him in the name of tolerance and diversity?
Yeah! Tolerance and diversity! Tolerate people's "different" ways because they're just as good as everyone else's! If men want to marry other men, and make public displays of their affection and beliefs, let 'em do it! If RomaniGypsy wants to live by the Bible and make public displays of his conservative Christian beliefs, let him do it! I'm all in! Freedom for all!

(Don't let me smell hypocrisy... what's good for one has to be good for everyone, in a relativistic society. Don't be bigoted against Christians, now... bigotry isn't good!)

That's another reason why I say that worldly belief systems never work. There are always blatant contradictions. Tolerate everyone.... except those darn conservative Christians. Let everyone practice his/her religion in public... except those darn conservative Christians. The list goes on.

Ah well... I'd get this everywhere I went. It even says in the Bible that if you follow Jesus, you will be persecuted and attacked. Evidently, I'm doing something right. God will sort everything out in the end. In the meantime, I intend to follow Him wherever He may lead. It seems as though I'm going to follow Him to New Hampshire. I'm hoping I can take a trip up there next month to scope the scene. Can y'all tell me what areas in NH a couple like my wife and me ought to avoid or seek? Be SERIOUS now... don't tell me "stay far away so you don't infect our liberal utopia with your poisonous Christian beliefs"... tell me what places we would want to avoid, and what places we'd probably like a lot. We like safe, inexpensive, beautiful areas with minimal "diversity". (After all, we can see in this forum just how well diversity really works for people.) We don't mind what most people consider the inconveniences of rural living... in the vernacular of the locals, it keeps the riffraff out. We like low-crime areas where neighborly sentiments reign supreme, people look out for one another, and we could leave our house for weeks at a time with hardly any fear that it'd be broken into. Areas with laissez-faire local legal climates would be great, also... I'm not a fan of anal code-enforcement departments.

Last edited by RomaniGypsy; 07-27-2012 at 10:54 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 07-28-2012, 03:15 AM

1,274 posts, read 2,383,134 times
Wow. I'm surprised this thread lasted this long without getting locked. This is what I have to say:

These forums make it seem like there's two extremes in NH and nothing in-between. I believe NH is much more balanced than that. You'll find all types in NH.

Do I want you pushing your brand of religion on me? No. Will I be offended? Probably not, because I understand that it's part of the religion to try and spread it (I lived in Utah for 3 years, and the LDS church are masters at the salesmanship process). On the other hand, I have to put up with the other extreme - hippie wackjobs in Market Square (Portsmouth) protesting whatever the latest injustice is and trying to push that on me. I don't see what they're doing as any different. Each group is welcome to establish themselves in the Live Free or Die state. It balances out. It's certainly more balanced than the San Francisco area (on one extreme) or Bible Belt Southern Alabama (on the other). NH attracts (and usually tolerates) both types.

Christian persecution? I saw that in Iraq. All I've got to say is you've really got to be a believer if you choose to be a Christian in the Middle East. People murdered, churches burned down, families driven out of their houses.

I've spent some time in Texas. You will not have the same environment in NH. You will find like-minded people (you already found CrazyDave), but you will not be in the majority like you are in TX. Bible-Belt-style proselytizing (if you do it) will be met with mostly indifference. You might hook a few, but you'll also offend a few.

I say come on up. I think NH is more tolerable (on either side) than these forums imply. Of course, I've been in the great melting pot of the USAF for 18 years, so I'm used to working with people from all over the country. Politics don't matter Outside the Wire....

Last edited by steveusaf; 07-28-2012 at 03:17 AM.. Reason: added something

Old 07-28-2012, 04:29 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
I know and like many Christians. Not all believe what you believe. For example, they certainly don't gloat (like you did) about people who don't believe exactly what they believe going to hell. Some of the things you have posted here are about as un-Christ-like as I can imagine.

There are many gay people in New Hampshire (as there are all over). (I am not gay but I have many gay friends and a sister who is a lesbian.) Some are married, and some are Christian. I doubt that they would like you telling them they are going to hell because they don't believe what you believe.

These are reasons I don't think you would like NH.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-28-2012 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 07-28-2012, 06:04 AM

I know and like many Christians. Not all believe what you believe. For example, they certainly don't gloat (like you did) about people who don't believe exactly what they believe going to hell. Some of the things you have posted here are about as un-Christ-like as I can imagine.

There are many gay people in New Hampshire (as there are all over). (I am not gay but I have many gay friends and a sister who is a lesbian.) Some are married, and some are Christian. I doubt that they would like you telling them they are going to hell because they don't believe what you believe.

These are reasons I don't think you would like NH.[/quote]

Yes.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-28-2012 at 06:48 AM..

Old 07-28-2012, 06:33 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,544,214 times

These are reasons I don't think you would like NH.[/quote]

No Karen, no one is going to hell because they don't believe what I believe, if they are going to hell then they are going because they refuse the rescue CHRIST offers.. ALL of us not only deserve hell but by nature ARE going to hell.. the only out is Salvation.. period.. not religion, not good works, Not Allah, Not the Pope, not your Baptist preacher, not spirit channeling, not Wicca, nothing but the blood of Christ..

For ALL have sinned.. The Mother Mary.. John the Baptist, the Apostle Paul, Buddha. Mohammad,..ALL have sinned

For the wages of death is sin.. All are dead spiritually by birth. You say you are spiritual, well whoopee, so is the devil.. spiritual death is eternal separation from God. Spiritual does not mean saved.. and not every spirit is a witness to God

But the gift of God is ETERNAL Life.. Sentence commuted, forgiven, passed from spiritual death, released for Satans grip to serve the living God.. Forever.. eternal.. my God doesn't give a wimpy might be could be salvation..Karen..are you sure of heaven.. do you base that surety on the finished work of Christ and your personal repentance of your sins and calling on HIM to save you? Do you KNOW Jesus or is He just a name you have heard?.. If not you have religion.and it seems you have religion.. get rid of religion and come to CHRIST.. time is growing very short... only a fool would believe otherwise..

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-28-2012 at 06:49 AM..

Old 07-28-2012, 06:49 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,494,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Yes.
Yes x2

I havent even read half of the OP's posts because its religion ramblings. Like everyone has said you wont be looked down on for being religious in NH but most people dont care for the sales pitch.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:

These are reasons I don't think you would like NH.
No Karen, no one is going to hell because they don't believe what I believe, if they are going to hell then they are going because they refuse the rescue CHRIST offers.. ALL of us not only deserve hell but by nature ARE going to hell.. the only out is Salvation.. period.. not religion, not good works, Not Allah, Not the Pope, not your Baptist preacher, not spirit channeling, not Wicca, nothing but the blood of Christ..

For ALL have sinned.. The Mother Mary.. John the Baptist, the Apostle Paul, Buddha. Mohammad,..ALL have sinned

For the wages of death is sin.. All are dead spiritually by birth. You say you are spiritual, well whoopee, so is the devil.. spiritual death is eternal separation from God. Spiritual does not mean saved.. and not every spirit is a witness to God

But the gift of God is ETERNAL Life.. Sentence commuted, forgiven, passed from spiritual death, released for Satans grip to serve the living God.. Forever.. eternal.. my God doesn't give a wimpy might be could be salvation..Karen..are you sure of heaven.. do you base that surety on the finished work of Christ and your personal repentance of your sins and calling on HIM to save you? Do you KNOW Jesus or is He just a name you have heard?.. If not you have religion.and it seems you have religion.. get rid of religion and come to CHRIST.. time is growing very short... only a fool would believe otherwise..[/quote]

Any talk of going to hell turns me right off....uggg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire