Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 03:25 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,894,319 times

Advertisements

YES! I've participated in MANY roadside cleanups in this town, and other places where I've lived. By far, McD's has the highest percentage of their M's strewn about (not their fault that they cater to and attract the caliber of people who throw their crap out the window of the car!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveSnow View Post
Soooo.... Chains encourage people to be messy???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 03:29 PM

32 posts, read 95,051 times
Nobody could complain about having a Moe's in their backyard -- that's just good food! Like I said earlier, even Vermont has one

Old 10-02-2007, 04:28 PM

108 posts, read 340,239 times
Valerie, but if these places were not there, wouldn't these people trow other trash? Those people are still there and so is there "culture".

Don't get me wrong. I am actually neutral to whether there is a McD or KFC nearby or not. Actually, I'd rather drive a few miles to another place than go to a McD next door. And they all cook with msg that I'd rather avoid.

But so far I never cared. Isn't it a free choice where to have lunch? If those people keep building them, there must be a market.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:00 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,937,499 times
We have a huge litter problem out here in So Cali. It is so sad to drive down the street and see it all over. It is mostly in parking lots. That is one thing that really gets under my skin. How hard is it to walk to a trash can or wait till you get home to throw out your trash?? The people that throw out glass bottles...omg what are they thinking? I would never even throw out a straw wrapper. If I get a drink to go, I put the wrapper in my purse until I get home. I just dont understand what goes on in peoples minds that makes littering ok.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:30 AM

793 posts, read 3,115,373 times
I've noticed people often are often only selective about big box stores when it fits their personal taste. The same people that whine about Wal-Mart often won't hesitate to welcome Dunkin Donuts. For me anyways, there is nothing worse than the plethora of Dunkin Donuts shops, some times literally across the street from one another and some times causing traffic to be clogged into the roadway, delaying my travels.

I'm not a coffee or a donut fan, but I've even heard from many coffeee drinkers that they find nothing alluring about D&D. I've tried them a few times and found nothing particularly good about any of the rest of their food menu. I can make the same sort of egg muffin sandwich on those same Thomas English muffins or Shaw's bagels in five minutes at home. Those smoothies are just made from processed frustose juices like almost every other establishment (people seem to be clueless every where I go as to exactly what qualifies as real fruit). I am convinced most Americans are brainwashed into believing anything to be best if you shove it in their faces enough times. How else can it be explained as Budweiser being the King of Beers?

Old 10-03-2007, 11:48 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,540,014 times
Unknown-stuntman - Wow again I agree with you. DD's are an eyesore that serves nondescript coffee and sugar loaded snacks. If you want a good selection of good, and less expensive, coffees try the Seven-Eleven shops. Most of them even sell cheap gasoline.

Now I here we are getting a Taco-hell in Londonderry. If you want Mexican food go to Shorty’s.

The only thing that can explain "The KING of Beers" is a really effective advertising (propaganda) campaign. Tell the lie often and loud enough and it becomes the accepted truth. I prefer local beer and ale anyway.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:27 PM

793 posts, read 3,115,373 times
[quote=GregW;1641090
The only thing that can explain "The KING of Beers" is a really effective advertising (propaganda) campaign. Tell the lie often and loud enough and it becomes the accepted truth. I prefer local beer and ale anyway.[/QUOTE]

Wow Greg! You & I might be able to not just enjoy a beer together despite our differences, but an actual REAL beer!

Old 10-03-2007, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaatu_00 View Post
I was just thinking the other day how much of a lifestyle change moving to NH will be for my kids, and I got to thinking what would I miss most about Florida.

The only thing that I could come up with was that I don't know if some of my favorite restaurants exist up there. (Obviously the local ones won't be there)

So I got to looking and I found out you don't have Moe's Southwest Grill (I see it does exist in MA and VT) or Zaxby's Chicken. Got me thinking I wonder what else we'll be missing???

Anybody have any experience going from shopping at Publix (where shopping is a pleasure) to a NH grocery store?
If you look Zaxby's Chicken is ONLY in southeast but I was surprised to find out how many locations Moe's Southwest has.

Generally when you move to a different part of the country you have to give up places from your old location. Guess this even applies to short moves.

If you like Publix then Stop and Shop or Shaws will fit- probably Shaws more than S&S. Hannaford also a choice.

When we were in Nashua we were surprised to find no IHOP but did find a great local diner less than 1 mile south of the Pheasant Lane Mall on DW Highway into Massachusetts. Tewksbury Mass I believe. Just a matter of looking.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:20 PM

108 posts, read 340,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown stuntman View Post
For me anyways, there is nothing worse than the plethora of Dunkin Donuts shops, some times literally across the street from one another and some times causing traffic to be clogged into the roadway, delaying my travels.
Wow! That's quite a few donut lovers! (don't tell me they go there for the dark color drink)

What's wrong with Starbucks? They serve decent coffee that you can be very creative about and usually have a nice design inside and out.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:32 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,556,223 times
Dunkin Donuts was created by New Englanders, for New Englanders.

It's a New England thing. We have a Dunkin Donuts University.

Starbucks is for girlie men!!! Get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire