Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Wishlist: the secret DVD, sell my house, find a job, student loans, buy land.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 07:16 PM

2,392 posts, read 2,540,398 times

Advertisements

Expand my horizons & search deep within my soul to not only find the courage to verbalize my dreams, but also to truly know what my goals are at this point in my life.

I wish opportunity to present itself & all my wishes would magically turn to reality...Fairy Godmother where are you?

I found my prince, my beautiful castle & my coach is a far cry from turning back into a pumpkin anytime soon. I'm grateful to have the gift of time to watch & share in the curiosity of my two boys daily lives!

...now what? Use my creative energy & be passionate about everything I do. I'm off to start my journey & my "dream board" too.

Katlakat - congrats on the job! I love Windchimes visualization advice (I'm gonna borrow it if you don't mind).

one more thing katmonster, Where's the door to Boo's room? Someday I will find it! And may the Stork in heaven find a way to your doorstep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 07:43 PM

951 posts, read 1,654,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windchimes03561 View Post
Oh, and bryfry - there are tons of musicians up here who play frequently
That's what I'm hoping for!! I can't wait!

Old 10-14-2007, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Hey bry, you can come play at my new shop when it opens.
You can count on it! Better yet, can I dress up in a clown costume and stand out on the side of the road an wave to people?

Old 10-14-2007, 10:02 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,956,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfry View Post
You can count on it! Better yet, can I dress up in a clown costume and stand out on the side of the road an wave to people?
Haha Bry, I am going to hold you to that. I love the clown costume or maybe a big cupcake.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:32 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,178,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougnaie View Post
Check out superviva.com. This is a very cool site where you can post your life list - things you are hoping and dreaming about, and also see the lists of others...just thought you might be interested based on the topic you are discussing.
Thanks for the website! I have bookmarked it-but since Im sharing my pc with hubby, wait, reverse that. He's sharing his laptop with me, I'm basically up at the butt crack of dawn to do my online stuff. I will try it out sometime today. I love new things to try! woot!

Since I made a HUGE dream come true, its great timing dougnaie for this assignment. I have new dreams to add to my growing wish list....I love it when a plan comes together.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Haha Bry, I am going to hold you to that. I love the clown costume or maybe a big cupcake.
CUPCAKE!!! YEAH, THAT'S IT!!

Old 10-15-2007, 08:50 AM

223 posts, read 1,003,578 times
WOW! What a great post. I'm going to begin making my dream board ASAP! It's all about setting realistic goals and getting them out on paper to work towards and visualize.

Here's my top priorities ... in order.

1-Keeping a level head and an optimistic outlook during the wait, that it's not cancer (going for a biopsy soon).
2-Put our house on the market in January.
3-Hubby puts his notice in for work in March.
4-Have a 3 day ski trip with our girls in late March (Cannon, Loon, & Waterville Valley).
5-I give my notice in June.
6-Move to NH (looking toward Littleton area or w/in half an hour's drive from there) in late July and ...
7-Hubby finds a job he's happy with.
8-I start up a photography studio & continue my nature photography business in hopes that eventually my hubby can stay home and help me when needed. This will allow me to be home for my girls too. Life is short and time doesn't stop for togetherness.
9-Teach my girls how to "live Free or Die" in NH.
10-Start up a Siberian Husky rescue site.
11-Once settled, live off our own land in the country and buy my daughters the horses they have always wanted.
12-To have fun and enjoy life. The list of dreams is endless, but this is a good start!

Thank you for the post and I feel better already getting this out of my head! It makes it seem more realistic.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:58 PM

108 posts, read 341,392 times
Katla, online school was the only option for me. There is no college out there where you can take classes at 10:30 pm through midnight. There is a great website for distance learning - Online Degree & College Search for 2000+ Online Degrees, Online Universities & Online Colleges - eLearners.com. They have a tremendous amount of resources: hundreds of schools and degrees, forum, tips, success stories - you name its. The only thing you will need to research yourself is the prices.

Babies... We kept putting it off waiting for the "right time" I worked $10/hr job, my husband's business took a plunge. I just passed an offer for health insurance just to keep my take-home pay higher. And then people, smells, colors began to make me feel nauseated. I craved apples and hated chocolate (I LOVE chocolate). Gee! And I was sure it was not IT. After two months of being in denial, I took a test - just to make sure I could drink at the party we were fixing to go to. Ooops. I better not. Huge surprise!!!

Oh yeah, and to top it all off, I was fired at 7 months.

Second one was somewhat a surprise, but not as much. By then we figured what leads to babies . It was not the "right time" either. Right time just never happens. Sometimes I miss the freedom and lack of schedule, but I would not trade the craziness that I have now for all the peace and carelessness in the world.

Good luck to you!

Old 10-15-2007, 09:20 PM

132 posts, read 350,750 times
Kat...I love this topic. I just suggested it to hubby and he seemed pretty enthused!! I'm not ready to post yet...I really want to dig deep I just wanted to second Lovesnow's verdict of online classes. I am finishing my AA and start my Bachelor's in January with my local University. I take all of my classes online with the exception of Science Labs. With 4 children there is no way I would be able to take traditional classes. The only drawback for some people is that they have to be able to learn on their own and they can not procrastinate or else before they know it they're 5 subjects behind! Check out the schools before you sign up because there are a lot of diploma mills that take your money and your degree is worthless Make sure they are accredited. I'm not sure where to look...I'll ask my advisor for you.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:07 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,178,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveSnow View Post
Katla, online school was the only option for me. There is no college out there where you can take classes at 10:30 pm through midnight. There is a great website for distance learning - Online Degree & College Search for 2000+ Online Degrees, Online Universities & Online Colleges - eLearners.com. They have a tremendous amount of resources: hundreds of schools and degrees, forum, tips, success stories - you name its. The only thing you will need to research yourself is the prices.

Babies... We kept putting it off waiting for the "right time" I worked $10/hr job, my husband's business took a plunge. I just passed an offer for health insurance just to keep my take-home pay higher. And then people, smells, colors began to make me feel nauseated. I craved apples and hated chocolate (I LOVE chocolate). Gee! And I was sure it was not IT. After two months of being in denial, I took a test - just to make sure I could drink at the party we were fixing to go to. Ooops. I better not. Huge surprise!!!

Oh yeah, and to top it all off, I was fired at 7 months.

Second one was somewhat a surprise, but not as much. By then we figured what leads to babies . It was not the "right time" either. Right time just never happens. Sometimes I miss the freedom and lack of schedule, but I would not trade the craziness that I have now for all the peace and carelessness in the world.

Good luck to you!
wow! I have a little bit of cleaning up to do before I apply for school. I kept flunking Algebra, so I eventually gave up. School wasn't so easy for me. But studying wasn't always anyone's favorite part of school right? Affording it is tricky too-I'll get back to you on that. Great job getting there though.

I can't believe they fired you after 7 months. That's just plain cruel. Here's the dilemma I see out in the world as far as job hunting.

"Oh, we're an "at will" state too Mrs. Metcalf. We can fire at will, terminate employment, lay off, merge acquisitions, but I have a problem with your resume. It appears you job hop a lot. Why haven't you stayed at one place for more than 2 years?"

DUH. Because I have a problem with commitment. a FEAR. I watched a company use and abuse my dad, keep him from his family, wear him out, send him all over the world, just to lay ONLY HIM off right before he retired.

Another thing.... Look out for number one? whether it be your company's profit margin, or you across the cubicle, looking out for you. Where is there any longevity or company loyalty anymore like in the old days? It is a tough world out there-

so I am looking out for number one-with a dream board. Finally I'm actually lookin' inward for my profits. And having a baby would be awesome.

You know Lovesnow; my boss yesterday at work said, "wait on kids, don't be in a hurry", its rather funny-people think I am waiting for kids. I'm almost 33. I'd have had a bunch of them if I could have. Problem is, it would take a miracle to actually conceive. So you are very blessed Lovesnow. And everything is as it should be. I have some things to take care of first before going down that fertility road. I think we've got the practice down right. Its been a great 8 years there. LOL

Just remember this for me: When things are hectic at your place, you're pulling out your hair, or cleaning up the jello off the carpet for umpteenth time, at Christmas when your kids are pulling open their gifts and giggling while you're snapping photo's. There are three people up here, quite lonely, having another childless Christmas that ends in about 4 minutes. LOL. We usually go out at Christmas and spend the day out of the house. Its just too quiet.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire