Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Wishlist: the secret DVD, sell my house, find a job, student loans, buy land.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 02:12 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,178,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleybell00 View Post
Kat...I love this topic. I just suggested it to hubby and he seemed pretty enthused!! I'm not ready to post yet...I really want to dig deep I just wanted to second Lovesnow's verdict of online classes. I am finishing my AA and start my Bachelor's in January with my local University. I take all of my classes online with the exception of Science Labs. With 4 children there is no way I would be able to take traditional classes. The only drawback for some people is that they have to be able to learn on their own and they can not procrastinate or else before they know it they're 5 subjects behind! Check out the schools before you sign up because there are a lot of diploma mills that take your money and your degree is worthless Make sure they are accredited. I'm not sure where to look...I'll ask my advisor for you.
Thanks for the tips. Since I really need one to get anywhere these days, I should continue my education. I like to write, and started a novel, but began reading the backs of books "about the author". Most of them have a degree in something. I'm half way there-I have 127 credit hours from 4 universities. Just no degree. I'm getting closer to going back, I just have to have solid income and not be starving for a while. The last two years were pretty rough, and I'd like to get a little settled first. There is a community college up the road from me, and I think I might go ask a counselor for some advice too. What would it hurt? great advice from you guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiChick View Post
WOW! What a great post. I'm going to begin making my dream board ASAP! It's all about setting realistic goals and getting them out on paper to work towards and visualize.

Here's my top priorities ... in order.

1-Keeping a level head and an optimistic outlook during the wait, that it's not cancer (going for a biopsy soon).
2-Put our house on the market in January.
3-Hubby puts his notice in for work in March.
4-Have a 3 day ski trip with our girls in late March (Cannon, Loon, & Waterville Valley).
5-I give my notice in June.
6-Move to NH (looking toward Littleton area or w/in half an hour's drive from there) in late July and ...
7-Hubby finds a job he's happy with.
8-I start up a photography studio & continue my nature photography business in hopes that eventually my hubby can stay home and help me when needed. This will allow me to be home for my girls too. Life is short and time doesn't stop for togetherness.
9-Teach my girls how to "live Free or Die" in NH.
10-Start up a Siberian Husky rescue site.
11-Once settled, live off our own land in the country and buy my daughters the horses they have always wanted.
12-To have fun and enjoy life. The list of dreams is endless, but this is a good start!

Thank you for the post and I feel better already getting this out of my head! It makes it seem more realistic.
wow, NH is a great place for nature pictures, that's for sure. Everywhere I go, I see local shots taken and put on cards for sale up to $6.50 each print. And they are in ALL the local shops. My favorite are the calenders. I love covered bridges and pictures of NH in all of the seasons.

Your dreams are wonderful! That is a great start and thanks for the post!!

Old 10-16-2007, 02:20 AM

Oh, and one more thing. After your friends come over and see them hanging on your wall (your dream boards) or vision boards (the secret often says don't stay in dream mode, make them reality) they sometimes get caught up in wishing for things for themselves too. One artist in the PI forums (Positive Intentions) has a vision board updating party with lots of friends where they all bring catalogs, magazines, or home builder guides and with food and drinks, they all put their energy together and do it as a group. I think that's fantastic. So when your kids come home with poster board collages they did in art class, you can giggle because someday those skills may be applied again making an adult vision board!

Old 10-16-2007, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuggaBoo2 View Post
Expand my horizons & search deep within my soul to not only find the courage to verbalize my dreams, but also to truly know what my goals are at this point in my life.

I wish opportunity to present itself & all my wishes would magically turn to reality...Fairy Godmother where are you?

I found my prince, my beautiful castle & my coach is a far cry from turning back into a pumpkin anytime soon. I'm grateful to have the gift of time to watch & share in the curiosity of my two boys daily lives!

...now what? Use my creative energy & be passionate about everything I do. I'm off to start my journey & my "dream board" too.

Katlakat - congrats on the job! I love Windchimes visualization advice (I'm gonna borrow it if you don't mind).

one more thing katmonster, Where's the door to Boo's room? Someday I will find it! And may the Stork in heaven find a way to your doorstep.

Many blessings to you and yours boo. Have some fun. Once you find the door to that room, enter it with an open mind and heart and remember, NO LIMITS to your desires. I often meet people on the PI forums who have a large family and think they don't deserve to dream big because it doesn't include their kids or husband. One thing I learned, during my journey is this:

Take care of you first. Your mental health and visions have to come first to make a better you, a healthier you, so that you can better take care of your kids and husband. So many people leave themselves for last, which is natural when you're a loving and caring parent. But....it makes more sense to take care of your vessel first. Then you are better equipped with sound mind and body to assist them. Your energy will filter down to them and it will actually be EASIER for you to take care of your family. It took a little while for some busy parents to get over the "feeling guilty" hump, but in the long run there were no down sides.

you said passionate, don't you wish more people out there were passionate about life? I love just standing next to someone in that mode. I'm kind of a leecher for that positive energy! It's the best infection to spread.

Advice I received during my travels down this path was to keep a journal. It was helpful to see how my visions changed as I grew up. Its also helpful to see what parents and career folks care about, that way I don't feel like I'm missing some huge part of society. Thanks for the memo!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire