Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Wishlist: the secret DVD, sell my house, find a job, student loans, buy land.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 04:54 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,177,765 times

Advertisements

I would like to open this thread as a Wish List. My life changed when I clicked on Oprah last year and saw The Secret. Got the DvD and it changed my way of thinking about life. I started with a "dream board" which was a poster board with magazine cut outs and internet creations of all of my dreams. The secret says, to make your dreams a reality, you should look at them often, think about them, and put that energy out there. The universe will respond by matching your energy and conducting the laws of attraction to pull your ideas to you. It really worked for me. I broadened my mind and unlocked many doors, for any reason at all to do something like this, it was to figure out what Katla really wanted out of her life. The first thing I glued on it was a Jeep Wrangler. Before long, I started seeing them everywhere, and two actually showed up before me that I was able to drive. I still think I'll buy one, when the opportunity presents itself. But amazing how they "came to me" like that. One was a friend who's dad owns a car lot, and he let us borrow it. The other, was given to my mum in law for a week to drive while she went on vacation.
Stranger things have happened......

It was also enlightening to see what my husband wanted. He built one too. And through the power tools and electronic beeping gadgets, I saw a hand designed dream home of his own plastered down. And I spotted the word "daddy" cut out from my magazine on his board. He quickly shut the door-but private board or not, he's dreaming too and that's all I really wanted to achieve (Oh and get the awesome stuff on it too ha!)

So anyway, back on track. I want to see what your dreams and wishes are. I want to visualize you having them, and I want to see where it goes. Its fun to see what is a priority to other people, who are like minded, and also to see what the masses crave!

Katla's Continued wish list

1. Move to NH (check)
2. Enjoy a cancer free sister and father
3. Have a baby
4. Own a Jeep Wrangler of my own (I'm going to clarify it this time dangit!)
5. Have a grand home of my own (again clarifying it, the universe has its sense of humor)
6. Finish my novel and have a publisher pay me to write more (again clarifying it, write a novel was easy, getting it sold is the part I need help with)
7. Earn six figures a year and have zero debt!!!
8. Make a Canoli
9. Tour the World
10. Have friends I can enjoy lunches with often
11. Get all 6 of us siblings together for the second time in over 20 years. Last time all 6 of us kids were together, I was 13 years old.
12. Talk my husband into getting matching tattooes.
13. Get an Ipod (won a Zune, so check!)
14. Get a whole new wardrobe (Spent my E-bay sales on one yesterday, got the paypal card CHECK!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2007, 05:54 AM

951 posts, read 1,653,107 times
Mine:
The first four are definately in order. The rest have no sigificant order; I'll take them as they happen.

1. Sell my house
2. Quit my job and watch my boss squirm
3. Move to NH
4. Find a job that is less stressful
4a. Possibly own my own business
5. Find musicians that want to actually play once in a while
6. Make sure my two kids have a decent life in NH
7. Have a gourmet kitchen
8. Live the rest of my life with my one true love

Old 10-13-2007, 10:35 AM

87 posts, read 164,126 times
Katlakaty- Thank you so much for posting this. I watch The Secret Dvd and you reminded me to create a poster board.

Here's mine
1. Follow through on 3 money making ideas each year (start ups, new products, ebay, etc)
2. Purchase a house in NH
3. Buy my dream car- a Range Rover
4. Hire atleast 5 employees
5. Retire in Pebble Beach, CA in a golf course view home
6. Run for public office
7. Have more conversations with close friends daily than the total number of my fingers.

Old 10-13-2007, 02:20 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,955,436 times
My dreams and wishes...

1. Move to Keene
2. Get panic/anxiety free forever!!
3. Happiness for both my girls
4. Open my shop up in Keene
5. Make alot of good friends after I move
6. Be happy, I kind of forgot how
7. Get my BMW
8. Do something to help the world
9. Find my dream home in Keene

I dont know what else. I just mainly want happiness and health for my family and friends, and to get rid of my anxiety!! It has really ruined my life

Great posts Kat btw

Old 10-13-2007, 05:26 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,827 times
Kat - I bought "The Secret" (the book) after they had a discussion it up here in the bookstore. It was really very interesting to me, as a lot of the things talked about in the book are things I have pretty much practiced for the last 10 or so years. I haven't seen the DVD. I met Bob Proctor many, many years ago at an event sponsored by my ex-husband's company and that may have been what planted a "seed" even though I did not like "the messenger"...go figure <g>.

So far, most things have come to fruition (in no special order):
1. Move from NYS to NH and live a quieter, simpler, less materialistic life (done).
2. Happiness and health for my son and his wife and 2 daughters (one born 8 weeks prematurely)....(done).
3. Buy a house I had been dreaming about (literally dreaming about 3-4 times a month for a year)...(done).
4. Work less hours with better cash inflow (done).
5. Like Suzet, I have dealt with panic attacks/anxiety and even a bout with agoraphobia and wanted to be "free" of them (done).
6. For hubby and I to meet and have "friends" not just acquaintenances in our new area (semi-done, work in progress, currently have three we can count on for anything).
7. Eventually get a newer car - mine is 10 year olds and still going strong, so that is a "future" wish <g>.
8. Become a counselor/therapist, specializing in relationships and/or anxiety disorders.
9. Get back to writing short stories and getting them published...work in progress - came close, but no cigar yet <g>.
10. Get more involved in community activities, trying to narrow down what area.

For things not done yet, #s 7, 8, 9 and 10 will be my focus now with #7 coming when current car decides it's too tired to move any more and #6 to continue building on.....

Oh, and bryfry - there are tons of musicians up here who play frequently

Old 10-13-2007, 07:59 PM

83 posts, read 69,682 times
*Make sure my wife graduates from University.
*Move to New Hampshire.
*Get debt free (this mostly includes student loans).
*Buy or build a nice large Colonial or Victorian home (maybe even a log home).
*Start my own business, and she start working in her field.
*Restore my 78' Land Cruiser FJ40.
*Go hunting.
*Learn bee keeping.
*Buy some land to hang out on for recreation.
*Live happily ever after

Old 10-13-2007, 08:56 PM

108 posts, read 341,327 times
Dream poster board I suppose it is better than a computer folder. Good idea!

Anyway, to keep it short and to the point:

1. Get my BS in HR (while working in the field)
2. Talk my husband into moving to NH (pretty much accomplished; we will - once it is time)
3. Find a charming town in NH with stunning mountain views, streams full of trout, freezing and snow in winter, and within reasonable commute to big cities.
4. Buy a house there with a large yard, piece of forest and a river that my kids, dog and - what the heck! - us too can enjoy.
5. Start an HR consulting practice
6. Make enough money to live comfortably, debt-free, travel to see my parents at least once a year, travel to other places, and save for retirement.
7. Lean French (at last)
8. Take watercolor class and paint, paint, paint...

And, of course, whatever it takes for my family to be healthy, successful and happy along the way.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:08 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,955,436 times
Hey bry, you can come play at my new shop when it opens. ((((((windchimes)))))) you deserve a hug for wanting to help people with this horrendice (sp?) disorder. Just from me, I want everyone of us to get their wishes. There is so much saddness in the world, people deserve to be happy...Yeah I am corny, but I really mean what I say

Old 10-14-2007, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfry View Post
Mine:
The first four are definately in order. The rest have no sigificant order; I'll take them as they happen.

1. Sell my house
2. Quit my job and watch my boss squirm
3. Move to NH
4. Find a job that is less stressful
4a. Possibly own my own business
5. Find musicians that want to actually play once in a while
6. Make sure my two kids have a decent life in NH
7. Have a gourmet kitchen
8. Live the rest of my life with my one true love

I like this list, it tells me that you already have some of your accomplishments already. This seems absolutely achievable-Now do me a favor? Tell yourself exactly WHEN you want these things to come to fruition. That puts the rubber stamp on it and makes it ready to start. For example, Back in June or so, I said outloud at my computer, "Man, it would be way cool to move back home." Then my hubby started asking me, "have you found any place close by with jobs we could move to?" I planted that seed in his head, and at first he really didn't want to move to NE. Then he saw the sadness in my face and comprimised, "how about one year from now, give us time to save? we'll try it?"
Then later in the summer, icky bills piled up, and with fervor I shouted by myself driving to work, "I want to go home now!" Tears streaming, the whole thing. I remember this because roughly a week after that episode in the truck, is when my mum in law said "30 days or bust" that brought our one year move date up to one month. And I reaffirmed I actually asked something, God, Universe, the source, whatever you personally call it-that day in the truck for my dream asap....because my tissue stained with mascara rolled out from under the driver's seat just two days ago. (I normally put those things in my purse.)
So, clarify when you want those things, with passion, excitement, grunting, whichever, and see if that facilitates your plans? Just a thought...

Old 10-14-2007, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deportallofthem View Post
Katlakaty- Thank you so much for posting this. I watch The Secret Dvd and you reminded me to create a poster board.

Here's mine
1. Follow through on 3 money making ideas each year (start ups, new products, ebay, etc)
2. Purchase a house in NH
3. Buy my dream car- a Range Rover
4. Hire atleast 5 employees
5. Retire in Pebble Beach, CA in a golf course view home
6. Run for public office
7. Have more conversations with close friends daily than the total number of my fingers.

Hey a fellow follower!! The secret was an eye opener. I didn't understand the concept at first, and didn't have the money for the dvd when I went from the oprah show to the website. I joined the forum and lurked about a bit until I figured out how to ask the "Universe" for what I wanted. I e-mailed my logical dad to see if he had heard of this. He responded, "one of the men in my office got that dvd and loved it, let me send you one." he purchased it from amazon.com and mailed it to me. so I got my first wish, a free dvd. I never asked my dad for it, I only asked if he'd heard of it, and dad offered to buy me one. True story, its on their forum boards somewhere from a year ago. I'll tell you what deportallofthem; making that board was half excitement, and half emotional. Especially when I cut out all those pictures of babies, a long time dream of mine-but it felt so good to gush that out on paper and let it out of my system. And wouldn't you know, the place I lived was a mini baby boom? Every gal was pregnant, allbeit on wellfare or way young to be havin' kids in my opinion, but see the correlation? Babies were everywhere! Have fun with it, and shop in the catalog of life, the universe has some great deals....LOL
Build your range rover online piece by piece if you can, I did that with my jeep and it felt incredible. Run for public office eh? This could be interesting, especially when you arrive to NH. Times are a changin'....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire