Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 02:16 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,543,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I agree there..... I am happy to be of the last generation which I believe you are too. That of the last golden years after WW-2.

I don't like this 21st century a bit.. I don't want to go on this ride.... Until the mid 80's i felt no need to be armed all the time like i do now.

People from away have mostly brought crime to NH....

I am not sure who you mean came from Grafton..

In riding season I do keep an eye out for you..... One of these days i will see a walking hair ball, and stop to say hi to you..
Well of course you would not remember because it was Coos county ( yeah I dropped the ball there ) Good ole Carl Drega.

Carl Drega - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 03:26 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
Well of course you would not remember because it was Coos county ( yeah I dropped the ball there ) Good ole Carl Drega.

Oh yeah i remember that shoot out....... My feeling on that was the system pushed a man over the edge..

The system invited this problem and got what was coming. Had they left the guy be, maybe with a bit more land than he had in the first place most of which was washed away, all those people would have lived out the rest of their lives.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:28 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Dave i am not fond of cops myself...... Got no use for em, and hope for the same..

Old 01-10-2013, 11:08 AM

611 posts, read 1,204,808 times
Still seems to be very different here than in other states. I drive by schools in NH at release time and see cops helping kids get across the street safely. You don't see that in many other states...cops are too busy "policing".
I would like to see the country get back to a system where cops were more of a integral part of the community, helping the citizens and stopping real crime. Not a big fan of speed traps to generate income to the city.
Lived in an area out of state before where the local college wanted their security guards to be armed. The biggest crime in the area was college students smoking marijuana (which is now legal there) so there was a big debate about giving them guns. The compromise was to have a small police precinct that enveloped the campus. All that seemed to result was a nightmare for the locals driving through getting popped for driving 5 over.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:19 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,137,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post

Carl Drega worked in nuclear power plants and had high security clearance. Just goes to show that you never know who the crazies are.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:30 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,986,863 times
I remember reading at the time of the incident.

Carl was being closely followed by a state trooper. For quite a distance. And close.
Then the flashing lights go on.
He was pulled over for no reason.
But a reason was found.
It was rust on his pickup truck.
That is why he was pulled over.
Rust.
He had an inspection sticker.
The excuse was rust.

How many NH folks are pulled over for rust?

It is another sad story.
He had tarpaper on his little home by the river.
The town told him that they did not like looking at a home with tarpaper.
There was also some erosion of his property on the river. He tried to repair this. Not allowed.
Some state EPA or whatever the state agency is called person just happened to have a small boat in the river. Wrote him up for disturbing the river. Quite a coincidence.

After the incident the authorities burned his house down. And claimed that the house was full of explosives. Not verified. Just claimed.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:35 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,933,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Cops are nothing more than tax code enforcers, what did we expect? The whole point of serve and protect is for taxes..

We are nothing but tax funding... We are for feeding the system and it's a very hungry system.

Something like this passes and the plate will be removed from my vehicles.

Yes officer, I have tags.... You just may not see them.

Should we tax payers PAY for these toys?
We are retired living in Florida,we were and maybe will if we can afford it,move back to CT.
We did buy a home in Vernon Ct and were in process of repairing making trips to Lowes and Home Depot.We were in CT maybe 3-4 months.It is now sold.
We returned to Florida and several months later got a request for us to buy Ct plates from DMV.They claimed I was a part time resident.The scanning had to be at Lowes or Home Depot since vehicle was garaged.
On the other side of the coin,we did purchase a home in CT and lived there for one year before moving back to Florida.
We kept our FL plates on vehicle, 2000-2001.During this time we lived 3 doors down from a CT State Trooper,we even bought a recliner from them which we still use.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:59 AM

491 posts, read 1,372,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
We returned to Florida and several months later got a request for us to buy Ct plates from DMV.They claimed I was a part time resident.The scanning had to be at Lowes or Home Depot since vehicle was garaged.
This type of reporting is usually done by neighbors. Garage or not, the neighbors see you drive by and question the out of state plates. According to the article above, an out of state plate won't trigger a flag unless the vehicle was reported stolen or there is a warrant for the owner's arrest.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:34 PM

611 posts, read 1,204,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avlis13013 View Post
This type of reporting is usually done by neighbors. Garage or not, the neighbors see you drive by and question the out of state plates. According to the article above, an out of state plate won't trigger a flag unless the vehicle was reported stolen or there is a warrant for the owner's arrest.
I think the article stated that the particular jurisdiction was not using it for anything else. Doesn't mean every district is only using it for warrants or stolen vehicles. That would be one of my beefs with the scanners, that they could be used for anything that particular jurisdiction chose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire