Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 06:20 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,538,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I too was interested in some real estate in Belmont. I was curious why it was more affordable to buy a house with a little elbow room in Belmont compared to other nearby areas. Is there something "wrong" with Belmont?
Nothing "wrong" with Belmont per se. It just has more than its share of rundown properties that sell at lower prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 10:18 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,173,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Nothing "wrong" with Belmont per se. It just has more than its share of rundown properties that sell at lower prices.
Thanks, GraniteStater. As long as it's not a superfund site or something like that. We have that problem here where out of staters think they're getting a screaming deal because they don't know the area is full of contaminated soil or water.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:11 AM

48,110 posts, read 21,990,299 times
I lived in Belmont for about 14 years....but have been away for awhile. When I lived there I really liked Belmont....it was a comfortable place to live. By comparision to the other Lakes Region towns...it was a bit more "blue collar" but also more grounded. It had its share of young professionals from away...but also a good number of locals.....who farmed or worked in the woods or at the local mills (when there were mill jobs) or at the state school in Laconia. It was proud of its teams, kids, schools and supported 4 H clubs and little league. Nice town.

Belmont didnt put on airs......trying to be picture post card Old New England. It was a gritty town with good values and a great location and filled with hard working people who knew what it meant to be a neighbor.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:13 AM

13 posts, read 27,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauloman View Post
I have lots of pages on pittsfield see Pittsfield, NH - AWESOME PITTSFIELD Community

paul
Hi Paul,

In reference to your post AWESOME PITTSFIELD Community , I took the opportunity of looking through your pages, lots of great pictures and information, however the information in them and pictures seem to be over 5 years old. For example, the school information. Pittsfield HS is ranked in the top 25 in the state, although I know they struggled for quite some time in the past and I have only been in town for a few years so I guess that's why your pages while good, seemed not to reflect the Pittsfield I live in today. I do appreciate your pages as they are very helpful when you are coming from out of state, but you might want to update them when you get the chance because they would have deterred me from moving here as they don't reflect Pittsfield today. I guess a lot of people love the town like you do and put in a lot of effort to improve things and their efforts have been paying off.

New Hampshire State High Schools - NH School Rankings (Where I pulled the school ranking and scores from)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire