Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 02:00 AM

470 posts, read 1,073,876 times

Advertisements

I do not believe guns should be banned. I do believe in legal hunting of deer, rabbits, etc.

However, I do wish that someone could explain to me why they think it is okay for anyone to own a gun that shoots more than one bullet at a time?

Yes, it is thrilling to shoot a gun that fires off 10 rounds or more. No doubt!

But, if making them illegal saves lives, why would any rational person still want them to be legal.

To kill a deer, if you're a good shot, it just takes one bullet. To protect your property, you can own a few hand guns, a few rifles, all that shoot one shot ... And you're good to go!

Again, why the need for anything that shoots more than one bullet at a time?

I truly am trying to understand.

HUGz! Jules

Last edited by NekkidFish; 01-27-2013 at 02:24 AM..

Old 01-27-2013, 04:48 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,991,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekkidFish View Post
However, I do wish that someone could explain to me why they think it is okay for anyone to own a gun that shoots more than one bullet at a time?

HUGz! Jules
There seems to be a failure to communicate here.

None of the firearms mentioned or available can shoot more then one round at a time. Automatic or machine guns were banned in the 1930's by the US Congress.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:21 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
Quote:
As has been said, it is ALREADY illegal for civilians to own a weapon that fires more than one round per trigger pull. That is a defining characteristic of an assault weapon, NOTHING you see in the news or for sale anywhere in the US is an assault weapon, they are already banned, so the question is why the big cry for a ban when they are already illegal

Old 01-27-2013, 05:51 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBackHome View Post
the wackos will find a way to get what they want whether it's legal or not. legalities have never stopped a criminal. it doesn't even make it that much more difficult (hence drug & prostitution crimes in spite of both being illegal).
I've never understood that argument. By that logic we might as well legalize drugs and prostitution, right? Heck we don't need to have anything be illegal including murder, since laws don't stop human nature. So why not get rid of all laws? Isn't that the logical conclusions.

Quote:
I do not believe guns should be banned. I do believe in legal hunting of deer, rabbits, etc.

Target practice alone is a good enough reason for me. Fire, reload. Fire, reload. Fire, reload. rinse and repeat. Fire, reload.It's a lot more enjoyable (and effective I think) if you can do more firing and less reloading when you are concentrating on improving your marksmanship.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:58 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,544,214 times
Psychotropic drugs on all five of the most serious shooter tragedies, and, histories of in or leaning in the Democrat Party. The Arora shooter was an Obama campaign staff member.

Gun Problem? Nope.. drug and ideology problem

Old 01-27-2013, 07:01 AM

Quote:

But, if making them illegal saves lives, why would any rational person still want them to be legal.

To kill a deer, if you're a good shot, it just takes one bullet. To protect your property, you can own a few hand guns, a few rifles, all that shoot one shot ... And you're good to go!

Again, why the need for anything that shoots more than one bullet at a time?

I truly am trying to understand.

HUGz! Jules
I love your naivety, it's almost cute.. The 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting deer and rabbits ,it has everything to do with stopping a tyrant who would subvert the constitution and steal the freedom of the people.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:08 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,138,851 times
the assault weapons ban that went into effect in 1994 lapsed in 2004. Since the ban expired, more than 350 people have been killed and more than 450 injured by these weapons.

The proposed assault weapons ban of 2013 would ban the sale, manufacture, importation and transfer of 100 specialty firearms and some semiautomatic weapons. The bill excludes 2,258 legitimate hunting and sporting rifles and shotguns by specific make and model.

This law will not affect current gun owners. We will still be able to keep the weapons already in our possession. Exemptions will be made for specific hunting and sporting weapons, as well as antique and disabled firearms.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
Psychotropic drugs on all five of the most serious shooter tragedies, and, histories of in or leaning in the Democrat Party. The Arora shooter was an Obama campaign staff member.

Gun Problem? Nope.. drug and ideology problem

do you just make this stuff up? do you have a link that shows that James Holmes ever worked for the Obama campaign?

did he do that while in college or while teaching summer camp?

Old 01-27-2013, 07:51 AM

Daily Kos: The drugging of our children and Adam Lanza

Old 01-27-2013, 07:55 AM

again - you claimed that James Holmes was an Obama staffer.....

are you confusing the 24 year old student with a 56 year old man with the same name?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire