Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2013, 12:20 PM

16 posts, read 22,827 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have been considering moving to the Portsmouth area with our 12 yr old son for a while. This summer we'll be making a "scouting" trip through the area for a couple of days to get a feel for it. Big difference between summer and winter- we know. I've done a decent amount of research but I'd like to hear from some of the people who actualy live in the area or know the area and get some honest feedback to some questions, if you don't mind.

We're looking for a small town feel with a nice main street, not overly crowded but not really rural. Good school system. Not too far from Portsmouth, preferably about 30-35 minutes drive or less. Nice parks/recreation activities- a commitment to keeping some green areas. I've checked out Durham, Exeter, and a little bit of Newmarket, including here on the boards. Not a huge deal, but also curious about political leanings for these towns. If anyone has some experiences with those towns (or any others that I may not have thought of) that they can share I'd appreciate it.

Justin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire