Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 05:08 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,138,031 times

Advertisements

So far businesses in NH have applied for $118K in tax credits but to date, none have donated to the scholarship funds.

There are 500 applicants for the scholarships, but they are not new students. They are students that are already home schooled or are attending religious schools.

The scholarship programs are approved by the NH Dept. of Revenue without oversight.

Here is a list of some of NH religious schools that have applied for the taxpayer funded vouchers:

A sampling of New Hampshire religious schools and their curricula « Advancing New Hampshire Public Education

Unaccredited schools receiving educational vouchers from my taxes makes me very uncomfortable.

Here is a profile of the school, the Tri-City Academy of Somersworth, that was in the forefront of lobbying for the voucher bill and is actively recruiting its parent to apply for vouchers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 05:13 PM

New Hampshire’s scholarship organization program is a California group called the Network for Educational Opportunity.

They introduced the voucher program entitled The Alliance for the Separation of School and State.

In New Hampshire they call themselves The Network for Educational Opportunity. Network for Education Opportunity

Their primary mission, " ending government involvement in education.” This is the group that operates autonomously, marketing New Hampshire’s tax credits and deciding who gets the donations.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:09 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,697,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck naked View Post
New Hampshire’s scholarship organization program is a California group called the Network for Educational Opportunity.

They introduced the voucher program entitled The Alliance for the Separation of School and State.

In New Hampshire they call themselves The Network for Educational Opportunity. Network for Education Opportunity

Their primary mission, " ending government involvement in education.” This is the group that operates autonomously, marketing New Hampshire’s tax credits and deciding who gets the donations.

I'm not a fan either

Old 04-06-2013, 05:56 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,543,849 times
Afraid of choice? Afraid of freedom? Of course you are..

Old 04-06-2013, 07:41 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,677,767 times
I don't live in NH, just very nearby and I don't like this idea. I feel sorry for the girl in the story and others like her and I don't care if businesses donate to a private school BUT they get tax breaks for doing it. So who is going to PAY to make up for the tax breaks? The tax payers? So the tax payers will be subsidizing private schools? You are already paying for public schools that anyone can go to. I wish we could make the public schools better but that's another story.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:45 AM

I find it amusing that the same that scream about money going to "religious" education have no qualms about money going to fund legalized murder ( abortion ) Time to close planned parenthood for use of taxpayer dollars.. any on the left in agreement?...oops.. apparently not..

Old 04-07-2013, 07:21 AM

legalized murder.....in your opinion

legalized murder is called Football in the US.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:21 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,398,269 times
Liberals poop their pants at any idea that threatens their indoctrination camps aka the public school system.

There's a reason that every parent with the means to send their kids to private schools does.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
Liberals poop their pants at any idea that threatens their indoctrination camps aka the public school system.

There's a reason that every parent with the means to send their kids to private schools does.
yet.. they have no problem trying to indoctrinate kids into accepting perversion as normal and murder of the unborn is just a choice

Old 04-07-2013, 01:50 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,398,269 times
Liberals have the blood of over 3000 babies a day on their hands but if you buy a gun for protection in your own home you're a violent gun nut two steps away from going on a shooting spree in public according to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire