Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2013, 12:08 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,345,327 times

Advertisements

This afternoon my kids and I will be setting up some turkey blinds for the Youth Turkey Hunt Weekend that starts this Saturday morning at sunrise. We'll also do some target shooting with the shotguns to get everyone sighted in.
All the kids have been working on their turkey calls. The little kids like the slate box the best. My oldest son is mastering a friction call and my 16 yo daughter has been walking around with a diaphragm type call in her mouth for the last 3 days (it's really annoying).
I'm not allowed to hunt with them this weekend so it will be my job to call them in. The pressure is on.

The best part about spring turkey hunting is that it ends daily at 12 noon which still gives us plenty of time to do some trout fishing too.

Anybody else going out this weekend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 08:28 AM

611 posts, read 1,205,028 times
I don't have any kiddos young enough but some of my coworkers were talking about taking their kids out. Sounds like your family is going to have fun...enjoy!

Old 04-27-2013, 05:39 AM

497 posts, read 953,144 times
I've never turkey hunted in NH, but have plenty in NJ when I was there.
If I could sit on my deck with my crossbow and a cup of joe, I could get as many as I need every morning, as my NH property must be part of the spring turkey super-highway.

I've been looking at the mountain behind the house........hmmmmm perhaps fall season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire