Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 05:35 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times

Advertisements

daniellefort, you're probably right! In a phone message, she said she has $122 in charges (at that point) and they might not all be just for the one check.

And Valerie, yes, I have a phone message that I saved, just for reference, it goes on and on...then time runs out, and she calls back and picks up where she left off... Most of my communication with her has been via email, with "read" receipts as well, so I know she got them.

Suzet, I didn't hear that comment. Could you repeat it, please? By the way, I think NH will have the beautiful snow cover that is in your picture...if it doesn't already...this weekend is supposed to bring quite a nor'easter. (I'm in NC now, and believe me, other than the first snow, I don't miss the winter at all. We've had high 70's and into the 80's last few days). Sorry, all. Didn't mean to digress. It's Suzet's fault, with that beautiful picture. I'll have to go after her for posting it.

Last edited by swbtoo; 12-14-2007 at 05:37 AM.. Reason: word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 06:16 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,942,077 times
Hey Suzet's got the right idea!
Post her address here and we'll all go over and... toilet paper her house or something equally devious or maybe rent one of those front yard storks to announce if it's a boy or girl (you got those in Cali?) and instead of the regular sign, we'll use one here that says CHECK BOUNCER
LOL--j/k
Here's an fine example of a well-toilet papered home:

http://http://bp0.blogger.com/_02FZ0QnGKDE/RsUPu3se5II/AAAAAAAAADE/Jmhg_GjB5E0/s1600-h/ToiletPaperLg.jpg (broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
I say we all get together and beat the crap out of her...oh did I say that outloud?? Lol. I am kidding.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:55 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Hey, Valerie! That's great curb appeal. (we need an icon for tongue-in-cheek)

How much does *that* add to the value?

Where ever did you find that photo? I love it. No, don't come over to do that to my house...! I only love it on somebody else's house.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:24 PM

46 posts, read 158,672 times
How did anyone find the time do all of that. I never have the time to even make some food for myself

Old 12-14-2007, 02:27 PM

450 posts, read 557,569 times
I hope that is biodegradeable toilet roll or the enviromentalist radicals will be going mad

Old 12-14-2007, 07:41 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,955,436 times
Hahaha, omg, that is the best tepee(sp) job I have ever seen. Now that is just what this lady is asking for, for messing with one of our people!! I love the idea of the Check Bouncer sign out on her lawn...that is classic. Yeah we have those storky things here too..lol.

Yeah yeah, blame me for everything..haha My little New England snowy picture is just sitting there lookin all pretty, minding its own business...sheez. I do really love this picture, it is so peaceful and beautiful.

Old 12-15-2007, 04:21 AM

259 posts, read 988,089 times
Default It is illegal to fail to honor a check in N.H.

It is illegal to fail to honor a check in N.H. , for allmost any reason. Deliver the bad check to the Sheriffs department in the county which those people reside. The Sheriff's department will demand cash payment or give the person a ride to the Iron Bar Motel.
Good intentions on resolving an outstanding debt only go so far, talk is cheap.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:27 AM

639 posts, read 3,527,019 times
We had a neighbor a few years ago, living right next door to us that got a couple of visits from the Sheriff's office. One time just 2 summers ago, he knocked on that girls door AND knocked on that door, to no avail. We were all watching this from our windows of course, (all of us, ya talk about Wisteria Lane on Desperate Housewives, it's not too far away!) This girl was home and we knew it, but she refused to answer the door. So whatever happened happened because the Sheriff had an envelope in his hand and the next thing was, he was taping it to her door and then he drove off. It was probably a summons or something like that? Whatever.....In any case, this girl was a complete and total nut we thought about everything, from the time she moved in till the time she moved away about 2 years later if that, no matter what it was too when it came to this tiny little piece of property she had. One clue with it all was that she wouldn't pay the poor landscaper and a lot of people had him in our neighborhood. He'd do the fall clean up and then the spring clean up time would come and he'd always knock on our doors around the neighborhood asking if we'd seen this girl around; so finally one day he said that's IT, he told us that he was going to dump out all the leaves from his truck all over her property for not paying him, that's how mad he was, he was steaming, can you blame him?! He was the nicest nicest guy too! He never got mad usually either, he was always so calm, but not this time! He never got to dump out the leaves, because she either came up with $$$ for him; and all that she owed to others, because the next thing was, she finally sold the house and moved away. What a sad situation though! We definitely suspect it wasn't just the landscaper that wasn't getting paid after seeing the Sheriff there a few times, so that's what's probably going on with this woman here with her bounced check scheme, you definitely shouldn't stop, she needs to knock it off, it's not right and it's absolutely against the law and she can go to jail. It's deeper than you think and she knows it now boy! She can't get out of this one pulling her "Bree" act with those lame excuses of hers any more!

Last edited by CityGirl52; 12-15-2007 at 10:28 AM..

Old 12-29-2007, 01:35 PM

1 posts, read 6,519 times
Ok, don't everybody get mad at me, but I found this today doing a google search for a similar problem and joined to be able to post. I don't quite know how it all works, but wanted to see if anybody coudl help me with this problem.

We have a collision repair facility. A customer collected the insurance check on a job and cashed it (not wrong to do) and wrote us a check when she picked up the car. It bounced. (Wrong to do!) We called the local police to file a report and it has turned into a 3 ring circus.

The long and the short of it is the detective is retiring (and wasn't any help anyway.) Do we have to file a lawsuit? We've sent registered mail, one was signed for, the other returned unclaimed. So then I sent the same letter in a plain envelope with handwritten address (our address on back flap) and it didn't come back.

Police say using that info we gave them, there are tons of social security numbers etc., that are used. These are military people (we're near a major Naval base) and looks like they "get around."

Any advice? Write it off and forget it? IT's $2100. Belive it or not, this is the SHORT version!

Old 12-29-2007, 01:47 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citytal View Post
Ok, don't everybody get mad at me, but I found this today doing a google search for a similar problem and joined to be able to post. I don't quite know how it all works, but wanted to see if anybody coudl help me with this problem.

We have a collision repair facility. A customer collected the insurance check on a job and cashed it (not wrong to do) and wrote us a check when she picked up the car. It bounced. (Wrong to do!) We called the local police to file a report and it has turned into a 3 ring circus.

The long and the short of it is the detective is retiring (and wasn't any help anyway.) Do we have to file a lawsuit? We've sent registered mail, one was signed for, the other returned unclaimed. So then I sent the same letter in a plain envelope with handwritten address (our address on back flap) and it didn't come back.

Police say using that info we gave them, there are tons of social security numbers etc., that are used. These are military people (we're near a major Naval base) and looks like they "get around."

Any advice? Write it off and forget it? IT's $2100. Belive it or not, this is the SHORT version!
Have you contacted their insurance company? Maybe they could go after them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire